Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
- Viewing and Downloading Plug-ins
- Installing Plug-ins
- List of available Plug-ins
- Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
- Plug-in authors
- Related articles
Viewing and Downloading Plug-ins
- To view the plug-in code:
- Left-click the "View/Download" link. Nyquist plug-ins are plain text files with a ".NY" file extension. Most good web browsers are able to display the code as text.
- To download the plug-in:
- Right-click the download link and select "Save Link As..." (Firefox/Chrome), "Save As..." (Internet Explorer), "Download Linked File As..." (Safari). Other modern web browsers usually have a similar right-click option, except for Microsoft Edge. For further information, please see the documentation for your web browser.
- Alternatively, view the file by left-clicking the link, then use the "Save" command from your web browser's File menu.
|Microsoft Edge only supports right-click "Save target as" as from the "1511" Windows 10 update (build 10586.3). In older versions of Edge you can use the "More actions" buttontop right then "Open with Internet Explorer".|
To install a Nyquist plug-in, place its ".NY" file in the Audacity "Plug-ins" folder. In Audacity 2.1.1 or later, use Effect Manager. Select the plug-in(s) you want to install, then click and .or to open the
- On Windows and OS X the "Plug-Ins" folder is in the directory where Audacity resides - usually C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) on Windows or the "/Applications" folder on OS X.
- On Linux, the "plug-ins" folder is in usr/share/audacity if you installed an Audacity package supplied by your distribution, or usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity from source code. Optionally a "plug-ins" folder can be created in your home directory thus: ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins (you can also call the folder "plugins").
For further details please see http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/effect_menu.html#nyquist_effects in the Manual.
In obsolete versions of Audacity there is no Effect Manager. Restart Audacity after placing the ".NY" file in the "Plug-ins" folder.
|More recent Nyquist effects may not appear in old versions of Audacity or may not work correctly. The current version of Audacity is available on the Audacity website.|
List of available Plug-ins
|Feedback and bug reports:
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer
- Will McCown.