Gale's wish list
From Audacity Wiki
This page collects enhancement requests logged in Bugzilla by Gale Andrews. They have been marked as WONTFIX in Bugzilla - but links retained here so we don't entirely lose sight of them.
Bugzilla "Enhancements" and Feature Requests
These ones might get acted on, since there is a developer interested.
- P3 279 - Enh: Mouse Bindings are not currently configurable by the user.
- P3 997 - Enh: Allow keyboard to flexibly adjust the cursor or selection during playback or recording.
- P4 203 - Enh: Multi-Tool requires SHIFT/CTRL modifiers to drag tracks/clips
No Developer (yet)
These ones currently stalled.
- P2 73 - Enh: Chains: all effects should remember settings applied via chain and Effect menu independently
- P3 420 - Enh: Unintuitive/inconsistent Extended Import behaviour
- P3 424 - Enh: Windows: Changing Host reverts changes in selected devices
- P3 445 - Enh: Windows: .lnk shortcuts to audio or .aup files cannot be dragged to interface or executable
- P3 1359 - Enh: Classic Filters has no vertical scale.
- P3 1445 - Enh: Undoing an action undoes most display changes made after the action
- P4 243 - Enh: Default EQCurves.xml content should be discussed and multiple curves usability issues worked out
- P4 1305 - Enh: Improve recall and customization of starting Save and Export directories.
- P4 550 - Enh: Add Directories Preference to export to directory the file came from
- P4 573 - Enh: Meter Toolbar: Narrow width/lesser height not permitted/respected
- P4 1373 - Enh: Add automatic ability to export as LAME default MP3 (128 kbps if stereo, 64 kbps if mono).
Peter 26Nov17: For now this one remains in Bugzilla but I ToDo-1 plan to write a proposal for it
- P2 41 - Enh: Changes in available devices not detected without restart
Gale's WIBN List
- Option to turn off backwards scrubbing OR a modified click that automatically plays forward from the seek point. This is to reduce un-necessary RSI after seek.
- Some TLC for those who do large amount of daily export and import:
- P4 Bug 550 – Add Directories Preference to export to directory the file came from
- Related to above, easier one-step overwrite of the same file you imported.
- P3 Bug 549 – Add missing export formats to Chains and Chains export format parameters and sample rate
- P3 Bug 551 – Export Multiple: Pass through common metadata to next window
- Support per-track metadata so that if you import multiple files you can export multiple using each file's metadata instead of export all files with only the last file's metadata
- P3 Bug 701 - Embedded album art and lyrics discarded.