re "Bugs we cannot progress (e.g. because we have no reliable scenario by which a developer can reproduce them, or because they are bugs in a driver over which we have no control) generally have to be P3 or below, since we do not want them to prevent stable releases", I don't feel I would want to put my name to to that. Can you live with something like this?
- Reproducible bugs which can't be progressed (e.g. because they are incompatibilities in a driver or operating system beyond our control) will usually be P3 or lower, so they don't needlessly prevent stable releases.
- Similarly where a bug lacks a ready way to reproduce it there may be pressures to demote it, even if it is a frequently reported crash or regression. One solution to handling a bug demoted for this reason may be to flag or keyword it, or otherwise encourage testers to discover how to reproduce it."
- To avoid making the bug list unmanageable, unreproducible bugs with only one or two reports over a long period of time are not normally listed.
- First two bullets above agreed, thanks. Not a question of "better" text, but of not giving a "push under the carpet" impression, and putting something that everyone actually agrees to.
- James, could we use this URL for your "Recent Changes" shared search on Bugzilla? It includes all the open bugs and the "Status" field. Couldn't figure how to share it (or turn on sharing if it was needed).
- Done by James - thanks
- I'm still figuring something more built-in should be high on the agenda. Some possible extensions: