Audacity 1.2.5 and 1.3.2 have been released
Thanks for visiting. We have officially released these versions.
Thanks to all who left feedback; no extremely serious problems were found. We are working on fixing the envelope and MP3 bugs and hope to release version 1.3.3 soon. If those bugs are affecting you, you can probably find a test version of Audacity in a few days from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/files - just check the "last modified" date of the file to see if it is newer than the version you have.
Original page below:
October, 2006 Audacity Releases: 1.2.5 and 1.3.2
Help test the latest versions of Audacity before the release: After you have downloaded a version, installed it, tried it out, and had no serious problems, edit this page and put an (ok) next to the link you downloaded.
If you find any problems, add them to the bottom of the page. Please include as much detail as possible.
- Support for new file formats, including FLAC
- Fixes for Mac audio problems
- Fixes Generate Silence bug, a crash issue, and Linux GCC build issues
- Intel Mac support
Source: tarball (mainly for Linux users, may not build easily under Windows).
Audacity 1.3.2 (beta)
Mac (Intel): Unicode missing ansi
1.3.2rc1 - Mac PPC (ansi) on a Mac Mini 1.42ghz 512ram.
The Envelope tool is misbehaving. On stereo tracks when I tried to use it to create a fade out the tracks are not mirroring as they did in 1.2.4. Never happened in 1.2.4.
NB This is when I had multiple clips in one track - the feature I've most wanted!
When I saved the file, closed it and re-opened it, all of the shapings were gone, with some set at whatever the quietest I had used and others at the loudest, but only the first as I had left it. Export the file as mp3 results in a corrupt file. Vaguedisclaimer 18:16, 28 October 2006 (PDT)
- Additional: re: the "flattened" clips - applying "Fade Out" to one of them, then undoing it restores the clipped to the intended shape. So at least the data is not lost. Vaguedisclaimer 02:34, 29 October 2006 (PST)
- Additional 2: Mix and Render seems to have resolved the problem with corrupt mp3s (despite only seeming to re-order the tracks rather than mixing them down to a single stereo track). Vaguedisclaimer 02:50, 29 October 2006 (PST)
PS Here's in the error thrown when I try to open the mp3 in VLC. Don't know it it's useful:
main debug: CPU has capabilities AltiVec FPU main debug: looking for memcpy module: 2 candidates main debug: using memcpy module "memcpyaltivec" main debug: waiting for thread completion main debug: thread 33579520 (playlist) created at priority -47 (playlist/playlist.c:184) main debug: waiting for thread completion main debug: thread 33667072 (preparser) created at priority -47 (playlist/playlist.c:210) main debug: looking for interface module: 1 candidate main debug: using interface module "hotkeys" main debug: thread 33673728 (interface) created at priority -47 (interface/interface.c:198) main debug: looking for interface module: 3 candidates main debug: using interface module "macosx" main debug: thread 34545664 (manage) created at priority -47 (interface/interface.c:164) main debug: adding playlist item `ATTDconsoldate.mp3' ( /Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3 ) main debug: creating new input thread main debug: waiting for thread completion main debug: thread 34890240 (input) created at priority 37 (input/input.c:261) main debug: creating statistics handler main debug: `/Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3' gives access `' demux `' path `/Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3' main debug: creating demux: access= demux= path='/Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate macosx debug: input has changed, refreshing interface main debug: creating access path='/Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3' main debug: looking for access2 module: 7 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: /Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.cue access_file debug: opening file `/Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3' main debug: using access2 module "access_file" main debug: pre-buffering... main debug: received first data for our buffer main debug: pre-buffering done 1408981 bytes in 0s - 14727 kbytes/s main debug: creating demux: access= demux= path='/Users/xxx/Documents/VWC/Audio project/ATTDconsoldate.mp3' main debug: ID3v2.4 revision 0 tag found, skipping 126 bytes main debug: looking for demux2 module: 43 candidates ffmpeg debug: detected format: mp3 access_file error: seeking too far
Vaguedisclaimer 18:32, 28 October 2006 (PDT)
similar problem on win-xp / Audacity ® 1.3.2-beta (ANSI):
1. only one clip in the project (stereo) 2. creating fading-points on left track (with multi-tool) 3. the fading-points created on one track aren't identical with the ones on the other (stereo-)track (4. mp3-file is valid)
Same problem as Audacity 1.3.2-beta and 1.2.4, exporting files to u-law with a WAV header causes the file to be padded with silence at the end to make the file 27.5 seconds long.