Audacity Wiki editing
|This page has been deprecated.|
|The information on this page are likely out-of-date and will not be updated in the forseeable future. It may be removed at any time.|
Almost any page can be edited by clicking on the edit tab on top of the page (to edit the entire page) or on an edit link at a section header line (to edit only that section).
Please adhere to the following, general guidelines:
- Be succinct and to the point.
- Do not change other peoples texts unless you have good reason to, and then be gentle. (Note: copy-editing, i.e. making text more Wiki style and/or easier to understand is always permitted, as long as the message is intact.)
- Always preview and proof read edits before saving.
- Remember to leave a short explanatory note in the Summary field (below the main edit window) of the changes you have made.
- If you find problems editing, check the following section "Wiki style editing" and the Wikipedia editing links thereon. If you're really stuck, click , leave a note at the top of the page and save the page.
If you see random links, spam, or other vandalism, you can help out by restoring the previous version of the page according to instructions on the Removing Spam page. If you see broken links, please click here for instructions on what to do.
Wiki style editing
Wikis use a distinctive set of editing tags, but basic, textual editing is straight forward and should pose no problems (as long as you use common sense!).
Here only the very basics can be described:
- For simple markups (bold, italics etc) you can use the formatting buttons/icons above the editor window. (They will add the Wiki style formatting tags, you will soon get used to them).
- There are a number of Templates available to make it easy to use a consistent formatting across the Wiki for certain purposes.
- How do I:
Note: Information is only added here sporadically. For more guidance on editing, please see the following pages: