Brew your own bugzilla
This guide was written whilst customising bugzilla 3.4.1 because it was what I had handy. It should be updated when newer Bugzilla releases are deployed, although most of the work won't need to be re-done because the changes are stored in the database not in the installation files.
It assumes you have already set up and installed Bugzilla so you have a working vanilla installation.
Changes made in the Web interface
Most of the configuration of Bugzilla is done by logging in to the web interface as an administrative user and using the web forms to change things. For simplicity I have simply listed the end result for each form, although it will probably require multiple actions to get there (e.g. adding values to a field one at a time).
- Required Settings:
- Lots of things always need doing here, nothing is special to Audacity
- Turn allow_attach_url on.
- Turn convert_uncompressed_images on
- Bug Change Policies
- Turn letsubmitterchoosemilestone off (we aren't using milestones at the moment)
- Turn noresolveonopenblockers on
- Bug Fields
- (usetargetmilestone should be already off)
- (usestatuswhiteboard should be already off)
- defaultseverity and defaultpriority are here, but we need to change the contents of the lists first.
- Group Security
- Make timetrackinggroup empty (nothing selected) to turn off time fields.