Bug testing workbench
Peter 27Jan16: As it appears that we seem to have consensus that the primary target for the 2.1.3 release is to fix as many of the bugs as possible we need also to ensure that we on QA are as swift as the develpers by testing and closing (if appropriate) the fixes that they make.
Otherwise we will find ouselves later down the road with an intimidating amount of bug fixes to test and evaluate.
Paul and Steve have already put their shoulders to wheel and have generated an committed fixes for a fair number of bugs - and Leland is preparing to take up the struggle.
In order to assist this process I am preparing to allocate time to testing bug fixes on W10 as soon as possible after they become available in a nightly. This of course only tests on one Windows platform and I am not empowered to close bugs.
- As of 13Feb16 I now have a Macbook Pro (El Capitan) available for testing - so now can cover two platforms Windows and OS X.
- 1169 Spectrogram scale range setting only applied for linear scale - ok on Linux too - and tests ok on El Capitan
The Bugs I have tested so far and that look to be good to go so far on W10 and Mac El Capitan still to be tested on Linux
- 30 P3: Transport shortcuts write label at cursor position when label track has focus - tests OK on W10 26Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 389 P3: Left-click to merge a stereo clip can move other clips if track was made from mono - tests OK on W10 27Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 1307 P4: Misbehavior pasting mono into stereo - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC 1310] Expanding cutline in stereo channel leaves incorrect undo history - tests OK on W10 26Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 671 P4: Crash when joining splits with mouse - tests OK on W10 26Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 202 P3: "Audacity is already running" prevents opening further files - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 828 P4: Contrast dialog misbehaves when selection includes gaps between clips - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 829 P3: Bug with vertical time shift and differing track rates - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1137 P4: ESC key stopped working - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 972 P4: Recording starts mid-screen -- tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1208 P4: Spectrogram vertical zoom-in is limited to ten bins - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 683 P5: Bass and Treble: Excessive amplification produces Nan's - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1049 P4: Spectral edit effects fail on 0 Hz low frequency - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1278 Spectral edit parametric EQ gives incorrect results if frequency content of track exceeds Nyquist frequency - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
- 605 snd-const function with a negative duration causes Audacity to crash - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
- 661 A few shipped Nyquist plug-ins fail with comma as decimal separator - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
- 1290 "Split New" clips cannot be dragged back into the track they came from - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
- 1241 Change Speed effect is not sample accurate - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
- 768 TRegular Interval Labels may return fewer labels than requested - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
- 955 Sliding Time Scale preview incorrect - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC
Tested on audacity-win-rd6b8080-2.1.3-alpha-30-jan-16 - all test ok on W10
- 1197 Extreme zoomed in levels move view, losing cursor or selection - tested ok on all 3 platforms
- Actually still not ok on Mac EC for ten-hour and one-hour projects.
29Mar16: Testing on W10 audacity-win-r484f23d-2.1.3-alpha-29-mar-16
- 814 Using the Play and Stop buttons in a Project-2 interrupts on-going recording in Project-1 - tests OK on W10 - still to be tested on Linux & MAC-EC
- 1320 Contrast window miscalculation: Tracks with identical contents give different RMS values - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC - REOPENED because a similar case that exactly fits the bug title gives different results for original and rendered track.
|ID||P||Status||Summary (26 tasks) ⇒|
|1197?||P2||RESOLVED||Extreme zoomed in levels move view, losing cursor or selection.|
|1169||P2||RESOLVED||Spectrogram scale range setting only applied for linear scale|
|1290||P3||RESOLVED||"Split New" clips cannot be dragged back into the track they came from.|
|30||P3||RESOLVED||Transport shortcuts write label at cursor position when label track has focus|
|829||P3||RESOLVED||Bug with vertical time shift and differing track rates|
|389||P3||RESOLVED||Left-click to merge a stereo clip can move other clips if track was made from mono|
|661||P3||RESOLVED||A few shipped Nyquist plug-ins fail with comma as decimal separator|
|1315||P3||RESOLVED||AIFF extension always added for Other uncompressed files (or for any export format on Linux) after saving project or importing file|
|202||P3||RESOLVED||"Audacity is already running" prevents opening further files|
|1288||P4||REOPENED||ENH: "Simplified" language not currently supported|
|1044||P4||RESOLVED||Choosing Spectral Selection log(f) or Pitch (EAC) Default View Mode breaks waveform creation in 2.1.0 or earlier|
|671||P4||RESOLVED||Crash when joining splits with mouse|
|1137||P4||RESOLVED||ESC key stopped working|
|1310||P4||RESOLVED||Expanding cutline in stereo channel leaves incorrect undo history|
|768||P4||RESOLVED||Regular Interval Labels may return fewer labels than requested.|
|1320||P4||RESOLVED||Contrast window miscalculation: Tracks with identical contents give different RMS values|
|1241||P4||RESOLVED||Change Speed effect is not sample accurate|
|972||P4||RESOLVED||Recording starts mid-screen|
|1049||P4||RESOLVED||Spectral edit effects fail on 0 Hz low frequency.|
|1307||P4||RESOLVED||Misbehavior pasting mono into stereo|
|828||P4||RESOLVED||Contrast: Measuring white space gives cryptic value|
|1208||P4||RESOLVED||Spectrogram vertical zoom-in is limited to ten bins|
|955||P4||RESOLVED||Sliding Time Scale preview incorrect.|
|1278||P4||RESOLVED||Spectral edit parametric EQ gives incorrect results if frequency content of track exceeds Nyquist frequency.|
|605||P4||RESOLVED||snd-const function with a negative duration causes Audacity to crash|
|683||P5||CLOSED||Bass and Treble: Excessive amplification produces Nan's.|
- 1306 Tracks > Align Tracks and > Move Selection when Aligning shortcuts no longer work
- 1313 Inconsistency in naming of Metadata Tags editor
- 1104 Incorrect playback of stereo tracks when channels different lengths - ok on W10 & Linux
- 1272 Mixdown export shows no progress if one or more tracks are much shorter than the others
- 1199 Export multiple by labels when offset tracks exist adds silence to exported files
- 1299 (tested By David Bailes) Track loses focus after applying a Chain to the project
- 1239 Importing multiple files into new project windows produces waveform, but incorrect length on Timeline
- 1217 "Other uncompressed files" exports saved with incorrect extension
- 915 Audacity creates a folder called Plug-Ins.
- 1357 pasting in effect controls does not update linked controls, sliders or linked OK/Preview. - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC - still to be tested on Linux
- 513 Contrast tool fails if selection is beyond the end of a previous track.
- 144 Lyrics Window makes things slow, when many labels.
- 1282 Tracks > Stereo To Mono is not removed from menu if disabled in Plug-in Manager but is disabled for session and crashes if used
- 52 Truncate Silence should cater for the common use case of per-track operation
- 1311 Description message is ungrammatical in Normalize
- 1312 Description message is wrong in Leveller
- 1317 Description message is confusing in Analyze>Find Clipping
- 440 Metadata Editor: Tags without values can't be added to xml templates or set default
- 1303 Solo button behaviour "Simple" would be a better default
- 1390 Enabled Snap To crashes on new project or Audacity launch
- 1400 Timer Record dialog for Timer Recording Disk Space Warning is inconsistent