Bug testing workbench
From Audacity Wiki
Revision as of 10:14, 28 March 2021 by PeterSampson (*P2 [https://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2710 2710] - Compressor with audio before T=0 crashes Audacity - REOPENED)
Peter 18Jul16: This is a page to act as a workbench for my testing on W10 and macOS.
Some DEVEL FIXMADE bugs get "parked" by me as they involve downloading plug-ins from sites I know nothing about - I am not prepared to risk that.
See the Talk page for bugs resolved in earlier releases.
- P2 2663 - Audacity can make unwanted moves of toolbars
- P2 2710 - Compressor with audio before T=0 crashes Audacity
Parked - because I don't have the wherewithal to test these
- P4 2684 - Bitrot for Docimage script - well above my nerd-grade
- P2 2701 - Progress dialog interferes with scripting
- P2 2714 - (Japanese & Korean) "Unable to parse project information"
To be tested
- P1 2708 - Nyquist effects fail silently with One hour plus stereo
- P4 2721 - Allegro (.gro files) cause crash with undo/redo
- P4 2124 - Import>Audio failure error message is misleading
- P1 2720 - Cannot open project that's in a read only folder - error message vague
What's to be done about this/these
The Bugs tested so far on Windows and that look to be good to go so far on W10 - still to be tested on macOS and Linux
The Bugs to be tested on macOS
The Bugs tested so far on Mac and that look to be good to go so far on macOS still to be tested on Windows and Linux
The Bugs tested so far and that look to be good to go so far on W10 and macOS still to be tested on Linux
- P2 2697 - Linux: AUP3 projects use incorrect char size on "differently" configured wxWidgets
- P1 2698 - Noise Gate fails silently if "hold" is non-zero
Archive this list to the Talk page on release.
- P1 2706 - Win: Vocal Reduction and Isolation most options fail
- P1 2707 - Opened projects not being removed from "audacity.cfg"
- P1 2711 - Manual: Many Shortcuts missing from shortcuts table
- P2 2696 - Metadata Editor: changed size is not remembered/restored on next use
- P2 2699 - Windows: Cannot edit labels with emoji in them correctly
- P2 2716 - Cleared "Recent Files" are restored on next launch
- P3 2524 - Macros "Cancel" button is confusing - doesn't do "what it says on the tin"
- P4 2690 - Move the actual build information to the top of the build information tab
- P4 2717 - Linux: Internal Error at DBConnection.cpp line 275
- P2 2715 - (Japanese) Crash on pressing any key