Bug testing workbench
From Audacity Wiki
Revision as of 10:20, 5 April 2021 by PeterSampson (*P2 [https://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2722 2722] - Noise Gate fails on a one hour stereo selection - RESOLVED FIXED)
Peter 18Jul16: This is a page to act as a workbench for my testing on W10 and macOS.
Some DEVEL FIXMADE bugs get "parked" by me as they involve downloading plug-ins from sites I know nothing about - I am not prepared to risk that.
See the Talk page for bugs resolved in earlier releases.
- P2 2663 - Audacity can make unwanted moves of toolbars
- P2 2710 - Compressor with audio before T=0 crashes Audacity
- P4 2733 - Noise Gate 'Level Reduction' has a minimum of -60 dB
Parked - because I don't have the wherewithal to test these
- P4 2684 - Bitrot for Docimage script - well above my nerd-grade
- P2 2701 - Progress dialog interferes with scripting
- P2 2714 - (Japanese & Korean) "Unable to parse project information"
To be tested
- P2 2676 - Export: Incorrect handling over 0 dB
What's to be done about this/these
- P4 2726 - Enh: Some preference changes are not written until Audacity exits - looks OK to me on Win and Mac - but there may be residuals
The Bugs tested so far on Windows and that look to be good to go so far on W10 - still to be tested on macOS and Linux
The Bugs to be tested on macOS
The Bugs tested so far on Mac and that look to be good to go so far on macOS still to be tested on Windows and Linux
The Bugs tested so far and that look to be good to go so far on W10 and macOS still to be tested on Linux
- P2 2697 - Linux: AUP3 projects use incorrect char size on "differently" configured wxWidgets
Archive this list to the Talk page on release.
- P1 2698 - Noise Gate fails silently if "hold" is non-zero
- P1 2703 - Mac: EGAT preview dialog is hidden behind the EGAT dialog
- P1 2706 - Win: Vocal Reduction and Isolation most options fail
- P1 2707 - Opened projects not being removed from "audacity.cfg"
- P1 2708 - Nyquist effects fail silently with One hour plus stereo
- P1 2711 - Manual: Many Shortcuts missing from shortcuts table
- P1 2720 - Cannot open project that's in a read only folder - error message vague
- P2 2692 - Mac: VI users get trapped in radio buttons of Keyboard Preferences
- P2 2694 - Coloring of tracks in Mixer Board are awry
- P2 2696 - Metadata Editor: changed size is not remembered/restored on next use
- P2 2699 - Windows: Cannot edit labels with emoji in them correctly
- P2 2704 - Mac: Stop button in EGATs with Preview does nor stop the preview
- P2 2709 - Mac: Missing sub-menu check marks in French
- P2 2716 - Cleared "Recent Files" are restored on next launch
- P2 2722 - Noise Gate fails on a one hour stereo selection
- P3 2211 - Mac: keyboard navigation problem in Libraries preferences dialog
- P3 2524 - Macros "Cancel" button is confusing - doesn't do "what it says on the tin"
- P3 2672 - Plug-ins listed in reverse alphabetic order in Plug-ins Manager
- P3 2723 - VST_PATH environment variable fails for non-standard locations
- P4 2124 - Import>Audio failure error message is misleading
- P4 2511 - Enh: Remove the "Variable Speed: Fast / Standard" option from MP3 dialog
- P4 2690 - Move the actual build information to the top of the build information tab
- P4 2717 - Linux: Internal Error at DBConnection.cpp line 275
- P4 2721 - Allegro (.gro files) cause crash with undo/redo
- P2 2715 - (Japanese) Crash on pressing any key