Bug testing workbench
Otherwise we will find ouselves later down the road with an intimidating amount of bug fixes to test and evaluate.
Paul and Steve have already put their shoulders to wheel and have generated and committed fixes for a fair number of bugs.
In order to assist this process I am preparing to allocate time to testing bug fixes on W10 as soon as possible after they become available in a nightly. This of course only tests on one Windows platform and I am not empowered to close bugs.
- As of 13Feb16 I now have a Macbook Pro (El Capitan) available for testing - so now can cover two platforms Windows and OS X.
To be tested
- 122 P4: Cursor no longer moves when dragging a selected point label - ok on W10 On Mac, better but not quite good enough - cursor follows but stutters
- 193 P5: Audacity can't record at > 16-bit under MME or Windows DirectSound. Not sure I can test this - I can't tell if my Edirol runs at 24-bit
- 320 P4: SHIFT-clicking in a different track does not select in that track - Works for me on W10 audacity-win-r53e30e5-2.1.3-alpha-27-jun-16 Tested on Mac (&W10) but unsure what the behaviors should be.
- 470 P4: Manage Curves dialog UI - buttons incorrectly enabled, resize corrupts appearance Tested on Mac & W10 - but it still allows ridiculously small resizing
- 1377 P2: Crash after Audacity starts and low disk space warning appears. No crash now - but there are still some shortcomings imo
Testable on latest Mac nightly 05Jul16
- 868 P3: Can't navigate through docked toolbars using "move through active windows" shortcuts
- 122 P4: Cursor no longer moves when dragging a selected point label - This is better, but not really good enough - it just looks a little odd.
- 1202 P4: Mac OS X: Unwanted slider interactions with focus and Device Toolbar. On Mac, only partially fixed - but also wrong on W10
- 1338 P2 Mac: Opening non-RTP effect while Voxengo Span is open freezes Audacity, as does opening Span options.
- 1252 P3: Mac OS X: Cycling between track and tooldocks gets trapped, especially in Project Rate.
- 1429 P2: Mac: VST plugins cause "Audacity quit unexpectedly" thread crash when first registered
- 1370 P2: mw2html: Filipino pages present - ok on W10 audacity-win-r53e30e5-2.1.3-alpha-27-jun-16
- 1329 P2: (OS X) ENTER does not apply effects unless switching back to Audacity, which workaround disables all RTP effects.
not yet testable on Windows or Mac
- 1342 P2: Loop-Play, play-one-second, and other before standard scrub, transcription, or Quick Play stops the window scrolling.
The Bugs I have tested so far and that look to be good to go so far on W10 and Mac El Capitan still to be tested on Linux
- 1415 P2: Device Toolbar menus not displayed (on Linux - Steve says in the commit log "Please check on other platforms, including re-launching with floating toolbars.")
- 1430 P2: Scrubbing Toolbar position does not default correctly with audacity.cfg saved by 2.0.x, may crash on Reset Toolbars
- 1416 P2: Clicking in Timeline or Scrub bar removes focus
- 1406 P2: Envelope Tool creates spurious undo entries, preventing undo by shortcut when pointer is over waveform.
- 1437 P2: Editing a label causes misbehavior
- 1197 P2: Extreme zoomed in levels move view, losing cursor or selection.
Time Tracks radio buttons
- 30 P3: Transport shortcuts write label at cursor position when label track has focus - tests OK on W10 26Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 389 P3: Left-click to merge a stereo clip can move other clips if track was made from mono - tests OK on W10 27Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 389 P3: Left-click to merge a stereo clip can move other clips if track was made from mono - tests OK on W10 27Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 202 P3: "Audacity is already running" prevents opening further files - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 829 P3: Bug with vertical time shift and differing track rates - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 661 P3: A few shipped Nyquist plug-ins fail with comma as decimal separator - tests OK on W10 20Feb16 & MAC-EC 20Feb16
- 119 P3: Export Multiple: "/", "*" and "?" in label or track name handled incorrectly - tests OK on MAC-EC 21Jun16 & W10 21Jun16
- 1249 P3: Mac OS X: Dragging tracks does not vertically scroll the project
- 50 P3: Calculation of "disk space remains for recording (time)" incorrect when recording in 24 bit quality
- 1350 P3: Frequency range stored in a region label cannot be modified, and TAB into labels at same position does not show each label's frequency range
- 1196 P3: Focus gets trapped in modeless dialogues when using ALT+F6 or ALT+SHIFT+F6
- 1307 P4: Misbehavior pasting mono into stereo - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC 1310] Expanding cutline in stereo channel leaves incorrect undo history - tests OK on W10 26Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 671 P4: Crash when joining splits with mouse - tests OK on W10 26Jan16 & MAC-EC 15Feb16
- 828 P4: Contrast dialog misbehaves when selection includes gaps between clips - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1137 P4: ESC key stopped working - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 972 P4: Recording starts mid-screen -- tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1208 P4: Spectrogram vertical zoom-in is limited to ten bins - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 1049 P4: Spectral edit effects fail on 0 Hz low frequency - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 605 P4: snd-const function with a negative duration causes Audacity to crash - tests OK on W10 20Feb16 & MAC-EC 20Feb16
- 1241 P4: Change Speed effect is not sample accurate - tests OK on W10 23Jan16 & MAC-EC 20Feb16
- 768 P4: TRegular Interval Labels may return fewer labels than requested - tests OK on W10 20Feb16 & MAC-EC 20Feb16
- 955 P4: Sliding Time Scale preview incorrect - tests OK on W10 20Feb16 & MAC-EC 20Feb16
- 814 P4: Using the Play and Stop buttons in a Project-2 interrupts on-going recording in Project-1 - tests OK on W10 29Mar16 - tests OK on W10 29Mar16 & MAC-EC 21Jun16
- 1426 P4: Mixer board doesn't always update for track selection change - OK on W10 and Mac, but room for improvement
- 1273 P4: Metadata Editor: Closing/cancelling editor when a cell is open requires two clicks (and asserts on Linux)
- 683 P5: Bass and Treble: Excessive amplification produces Nan's - tests OK on W10 18Feb16 & MAC-EC 18Feb16
- 860 P5: Big delays starting loop-play of very short selections
- 1169 P2: Spectrogram scale range setting only applied for linear scale - ok on Linux 02Feb16 too - and tests ok on El Capitan 16Feb16 and on W10 28Jan16
- 1277 P2: Undoing edits made in Spectrogram view with spectral content present undoes track spectrogram settings. - tests ok on Linux 20Jun16, on Mac 21Jun16 and W10 21Jun16
- 66 P4: (On Mac) About box not modeless - Looks to work ok on Mac El Capitan d6187f6 21Jun16 - tested ok on Mac 21Jun16 (and only affected Mac)
- 1353 P4: Plot Spectrum assertion error and crash in Debug builds - tested ok on Mac 21Jun16 debug DMG (and only affected Mac)
- 1222 P4: Scrollbar areas flicker when recording or scroll-scrubbing - tested ok on Mac 21Jun16 debug DMG (and only affected Mac)
- 1378 P2: Screenshot Tools images are mostly white background only. - tests on W10 audacity-win-r53e30e5-2.1.3-alpha-27-jun-16 and is a Windows only bug
- 1360 P4: Confusing error messages in Analyze contrast
- 1201 P4: Mac OS X: Many tooltips missing
- 1434 P3: Pasting into a clip in specific multi-clip project removes envelope points and crashes on Mix and Render Windows only: the crashing part looks to be fixed - but envelope data is still removed
- 1409 P4: Contrast: Closing "Help on the Internet" loses focus
- 1198 P3: Mac system "minimize" shortcuts ignored. - ok on Mac, Mac only bug
- 1119 P3: "Window" menu not available.
- 1193 P3: Timeline text too large/lower tooldock text far too small.
|ID||P||Status||Summary (41 tasks) ⇒|
|1429||P2||RESOLVED||Mac: VST plugins cause "Audacity quit unexpectedly" thread crash when first registered|
|1437||P2||RESOLVED||Editing a label causes misbehavior|
|1377||P2||RESOLVED||Crash after Audacity starts and low disk space warning appears.|
|1415?||P2||RESOLVED||Device Toolbar menus not displayed|
|1169||P2||RESOLVED||Spectrogram scale range setting only applied for linear scale|
|1197?||P2||RESOLVED||Extreme zoomed in levels move view, losing cursor or selection.|
|1196||P3||RESOLVED||Focus gets trapped in modeless dialogues when using ALT + F6 or ALT + SHIFT + F6.|
|868||P3||RESOLVED||Linux Xfce: Can't move forward through modeless windows. GNOME and Xfce: navigation trapped in undocked toolbars|
|30||P3||RESOLVED||Transport shortcuts write label at cursor position when label track has focus|
|1249||P3||RESOLVED||Mac OS X: Dragging tracks does not vertically scroll the project.|
|1290||P3||RESOLVED||"Split New" clips cannot be dragged back into the track they came from.|
|202||P3||RESOLVED||"Audacity is already running" prevents opening further files|
|829||P3||RESOLVED||Bug with vertical time shift and differing track rates|
|1434?||P3||RESOLVED||Pasting into a clip in specific multi-clip project removes envelope points on Mix and Render|
|389||P3||RESOLVED||Left-click to merge a stereo clip can move other clips if track was made from mono|
|661||P3||RESOLVED||A few shipped Nyquist plug-ins fail with comma as decimal separator|
|50||P3||RESOLVED||Calculation of "disk space remains for recording (time)" incorrect when recording in 24 bit quality|
|122||P4||CLOSED||Cursor does not drag smoothly/label stem shows artifacts when dragging a selected point label|
|1350||P4||REOPENED||Enh: Show frequency range for labels, on tabbing, and allow graphical modification|
|828||P4||RESOLVED||Contrast: Measuring white space gives cryptic value|
|1307||P4||RESOLVED||Misbehavior pasting mono into stereo|
|320||P4||RESOLVED||SHIFT-clicking in a different track does not select in that track|
|1208||P4||RESOLVED||Spectrogram vertical zoom-in is limited to ten bins|
|605||P4||RESOLVED||snd-const function with a negative duration causes Audacity to crash|
|972||P4||RESOLVED||Recording starts mid-screen|
|671||P4||RESOLVED||Crash when joining splits with mouse|
|1049||P4||RESOLVED||Spectral edit effects fail on 0 Hz low frequency.|
|768||P4||RESOLVED||Regular Interval Labels may return fewer labels than requested.|
|1426||P4||RESOLVED||Mixer board doesn't always update for track selection change|
|1310||P4||RESOLVED||Expanding cutline in stereo channel leaves incorrect undo history|
|955||P4||RESOLVED||Sliding Time Scale preview incorrect.|
|1360||P4||RESOLVED||Confusing error messages in Analyze contrast|
|1241||P4||RESOLVED||Change Speed effect is not sample accurate|
|1442||P4||RESOLVED||Cyclic tabbing through a label track is broken|
|1044||P4||RESOLVED||Choosing Spectral Selection log(f) or Pitch (EAC) Default View Mode breaks waveform creation in 2.1.0 or earlier|
|1406?||P4||RESOLVED||Undoing envelope points by shortcut with mouse down creates spurious undo entries|
|1278||P4||RESOLVED||Spectral edit parametric EQ gives incorrect results if frequency content of track exceeds Nyquist frequency.|
|1137||P4||RESOLVED||ESC key stopped working|
|1425?||P4||RESOLVED||Enh: Better effects of Shift+ and Ctrl/Cmd+ Click on Track Control Panel or Mixer Board|
|683||P5||CLOSED||Bass and Treble: Excessive amplification produces Nan's.|
|193||P5||CLOSED||Windows: Audacity can't record at > 16-bit under MME (and possibly WASAPI)|
- 1306 Tracks > Align Tracks and > Move Selection when Aligning shortcuts no longer work
- 1313 Inconsistency in naming of Metadata Tags editor
- 1104 Incorrect playback of stereo tracks when channels different lengths - ok on W10 & Linux
- 1272 Mixdown export shows no progress if one or more tracks are much shorter than the others
- 1199 Export multiple by labels when offset tracks exist adds silence to exported files
- 1299 (tested By David Bailes) Track loses focus after applying a Chain to the project
- 1239 Importing multiple files into new project windows produces waveform, but incorrect length on Timeline
- 1217 "Other uncompressed files" exports saved with incorrect extension
- 915 Audacity creates a folder called Plug-Ins.
- 1357 pasting in effect controls does not update linked controls, sliders or linked OK/Preview. - tests OK on W10 & MAC-EC - still to be tested on Linux
- 513 Contrast tool fails if selection is beyond the end of a previous track.
- 144 Lyrics Window makes things slow, when many labels.
- 1282 Tracks > Stereo To Mono is not removed from menu if disabled in Plug-in Manager but is disabled for session and crashes if used
- 52 Truncate Silence should cater for the common use case of per-track operation
- 1311 Description message is ungrammatical in Normalize
- 1312 Description message is wrong in Leveller
- 1317 Description message is confusing in Analyze>Find Clipping
- 440 Metadata Editor: Tags without values can't be added to xml templates or set default
- 1303 Solo button behaviour "Simple" would be a better default
- 1390 Enabled Snap To crashes on new project or Audacity launch
- 1400 Timer Record dialog for Timer Recording Disk Space Warning is inconsistent
- 1395 P4: On Mac TQP playhead stops when dropdown menu is invoked - but play continues
- 1407 P3: Freezing help dialog in Timer Record - tested ok on Mac 21Jun16 (and only affected Mac)
- 1408 P4: Abandoning Help in Timer Record with no installed Manual causes odd window to appear
- 1223 P4: Click Track causes Audacity to crash when creating very many clicks
- 1396 P4: In TQP we have lost the selection guide-line on the waveform
- 1424 P4: Scrubbing toolbar position does not default correctly with audacity.cfg saved by 2.1.2
- 1409 P4: Contrast: Closing "Help on the Internet" returns focus to main window
- 1220 P1: OS X: Audacity's temp dir defaults to location that is cleaned up on reboot. (James' "Mac-blind" fix - he has no Mac).
- 1438 P2: Horizontal scroll bar doesn't work
- 1428 P4: Label edit makes negative start time