Difference between revisions of "Category:Tutorial"
From Audacity Wiki
m (updated link to 1.3.11 jaws guide)
(→Off-site Tutorials on the web: added a link to my tutorial)
|Line 85:||Line 85:|
* Video tutorials: How to create [http://scaryreasoner.wordpress.com/2008/04/13/video-tutorial-how-to-create-explosion-sound-effects-in-audacity/ explosion] and [http://scaryreasoner.wordpress.com/2008/08/02/how-to-make-laser-gun-sound-effects-in-audacity/ laser-gun] sound effects in Audacity.
Revision as of 04:16, 23 January 2010
|Our Tutorials explain all the steps involved in performing specific common tasks using Audacity.|
|This page is a collection of Tutorials both on and off the Wiki, giving step-by-step guidance on performing common tasks using Audacity. The Tutorials include ringtones, removing vocals, podcasting, creating loops and various others concerned with preparing your work for export to audio files or CDs.|
Audacity Wiki Tutorials
- Making Ringtones
- Vocal Removal There is no magic bullet to solve what is in theory an insoluble problem. In practice there are various ways to try and trick your ears into thinking you have succeeded.
- Creating a simple voice and music Podcast with Audacity
- Mixing stereo tracks to mono in your Project
- Transferring tapes and records to computer or CD
- Recording audio playing on the computer
- Splitting recordings into separate tracks for export as individual files thence burning to a multi-track CD.
- How to burn CDs by exporting the correct type of audio file then using burning software
- Exporting your Audacity Project into iTunes and iPod
- Audio Restoration
- Sanitising Speech Recordings Taken with portable audio player-recorders
- Click Removal for removing discrete clicks from vinyl records
- Noise Removal for removing steady noise like hum and hiss from all types of audio
Off-site Tutorials on the web
External tutorials marked are available under the Creative Commons Attribution. They may be copied, edited, distributed or displayed, including on collaborative editing sites such as Google docs or WikiMedia Commons, if attribution is given to the author. Please add links to any edited documents underneath the link to the original.
- Audacity 1.2 Tutorials from the official Audacity user's manual.
- Audacity Presentation for High School Level (PowerPoint file, also openable in OpenOffice.org)
- Using Audacity 1.3.11 with the JAWS screen reader for Windows - includes useful tips for the visually impaired (and others) who want to use Audacity without a mouse.
- "Audacity 101 slides" - PDF tutorial on all aspects of Audacity (1.2.4), including illustrations about setting up system sound on Windows and Linux.
- How to Record and Edit Audio with Audacity from guidesandtutorials.com. Includes information on microphones and configuring Audacity on Windows.
- Create your own podcast - a fine general tutorial on all stages from recording and editing to publishing on the web, again from guidesandtutorials.com
- Introduction to Audacity mainly for Guitarists
- How to Create BGM Loops with Audacity - mixing two loops together in Audacity for background music in games
- Learn Audacity in an Hour - series of short, snappy video tutorials with downloadable AIFF files by Baynard Bailey of Vassar College: covers opening files, editing, using specific effects and exporting
- YouTube has a good selection of Audacity video tutorials including how to remove center-panned vocals, create binaural beats and adjust for recording latency in Audacity Beta.
- Audacity 1.2 Tutorial by Dan Eliot - learn how to open and edit a WAV file, and save the result as an MP3.
- How to mix a multi-track project by Daniel James, including sample sound files.
- "Master your MP3s with Audacity" - CNET article about editing MP3 files for use in Web publishing, ringtones and podcasts.
- "60 Second Shakespeare" - bbc.co.uk video tutorials about using Audacity to edit the audio for short video or audio interpretations of Shakespeare.
- Strobe Tuning Instruments With Audacity
- Using Audacity - Tutorial covering most functions of Audacity for creating podcasts. Wiki uses special print functionality which can be used to create nice handout of tutorial.
- Video tutorials: How to create explosion and laser-gun sound effects in Audacity.
- How to Make a Custom Bell Ringtone, a wikiHow article on how to synthesize a plain, ringing bell ringtone. The article is under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 2.5 license and you can contribute improvements by editing it at wikiHow.
|The following is an automatically generated list in alphabetical order of all articles on this wiki in the category tutorial.|
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.