From Audacity Wiki
|This page is a collection of Tutorials giving step-by-step guidance on performing various tasks using Audacity. These complement our official Tutorials in the Manual.
Audacity Manual Tutorials
See our Tutorials in the Manual for the most common tasks.
Audacity Wiki Tutorials
Changing the audio
- Vocal Removal Plug-ins There is no magic bullet to solve what is in theory an insoluble problem. In practice there are various ways to try and trick your ears into thinking you have succeeded.
iTunes and iPod
- Recording Church Services, and some tips about recording in a church and worship environment.
- Recording multi-track overdubs with specialist hardware Record one track and then play it and add second and subsequent tracks against it - illustrated examples with specific hardware.
Schools or Colleges
- Audacity for Teachers - Installation and Basic Editing. Targeted at teachers, but applicable to anyone. Includes companion video (screencast).
Gale 10Aug14: labelling below is a bit inconsistent - sometimes "YouTube", sometimes not even if it is YouTube, sometimes "video tutorial" or "tutorial video". What about a prefix or icon "YT" for a YouTube video so it is easy to see what is audio and what is video? I like giving timings.
Off-site Tutorials on the web
External tutorials marked are available under the Creative Commons Attribution "BY" licence. They may be copied, edited, distributed or displayed (including commercially), if attribution is given to the author. Editing may be done on collaborative editing sites such as Google Docs or Wikimedia Commons. Please add links to any edited documents underneath the link to the original.
- Using Audacity 2.0.6 with the JAWS screen reader for Windows - includes useful tips for the visually impaired (and others) who want to use Audacity without a mouse.
Audio File Formats (MP3 and others)
- How to Use iTunes and Audacity to Make Not-LAME MP3s —For the best compatibility with players and web apps, MP3s should be encoded as CBR (constant bitrate), but LAME is terrible at doing so. This episode teaches how to combine iTunes with Audacity to make great CBR MP3s. Audio podcast episode 10 from The Audacity to Podcast.
- How to Make LAME MP3s with Audacity—LAME is the best MP3 encoder only when it's used properly. Learn how to use LAME for VBR (variable bitrate) MP3s. Audio podcast episode 6 from The Audacity to Podcast.
- Computer Voice / Robot Voice YouTube tutorial (0:59).
- Cyborg voice sound effect tutorial video (0:34).
- Military Radio voice effect video tutorial (0:47).
- Secret Recipe for Great Audio using Chris's Dynamic Compressor to improve audio levels audio podcast.
- Laser Rifle Shot tutorial video (6:26).
- Simple Lion Scream sound effect video tutorial (0:55).
- 10 Tips for How to Keep Audacity from Crashing audio podcast.
- How to use Chains in Audacity to save time audio-editing audio podcast (31:06).
- How to Use Truncate Silence and Sound Smarter with Audacity audio podcast (57:36).
- How to Apply Special Effects with Audacity or a Mixer audio podcast (49:12).
- How to Insert Background Music or Sound Effects in Audacity audio podcast (53:35).
- How to Remove Noise with Audacity audio podcast(40:59).
- 9 Things Audacity Doesn't or Can't Do limitations podcast.
- The Audacity to Podcast—A how-to podcast about podcasting and using Audacity, with Daniel J. Lewis.
- Using Audacity to create and edit podcasts - Tutorial covering most functions of Audacity for creating podcasts. Wiki uses special print functionality which can be used to create nice handout of tutorial.
- How to Improve Your Voice from a Cheap Microphone with Audacity—Learn three easy Audacity tips for making your voice sound better, regardless of what microphone you use. Audio podcast episode 50 from The Audacity to Podcast.
- How to Record and Mix Multiple Hosts in Audacity (Double-Ender)—Learn how to record multiple people in multiple locations for the highest-quality mix. Audio podcast episode 29 from The Audacity to Podcast.
|The following is an automatically generated list in alphabetical order of all articles on this wiki in the category tutorial.|
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.