Dark Audacity Project Progress
From Audacity Wiki
|DarkAudacity is a project to overhaul the Audacity UI.
We had many proposals for menu rearrangement.
- We did not reach agreement through discussing the proposals and mock ups.
- However, the changed menus in DA were seen to be step forward, and agreed as suitable for Audacity.
- The UI changes required considerable work on images in the manual.
Many changes from Dark Audacity has been integrated into Audacity.
- We took over a year to release Audacity with the changes already released in 2016 in DA.
- We made further changes/enhancements in porting the changes.
- We added a new 'select' menu to the menus.
- We made the themes selectable, providing Dark, Light, Classic and High-Contrast
Project work tracked at:
- Themes (icons and colors), Menus, Sync-Lock, Stuck-in-Pause, Record-Beside, Pinned Icon.
- (adapted) TCP declutter.
- 12-August-2016 DarkAudacity 2.1.3x released.
- 6-December-2017 Audacity 2.2.1 with most DA changes in it, released.