Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer
Nyquist plug-ins may be available as plain text files with the file extension .NY, or as a ZIP archive file. The NY file must be extracted from the ZIP archive before it can be used.
To install Nyquist plug-ins, place the NY file in the Plug-Ins folder inside the Audacity installation folder.
- On Windows computers, this is usually under C:\Program Files\.
- On Mac OS X, it is usually under Applications.
- On Linux this is usually /usr/share/audacity/ if you installed a repository package of Audacity or /usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity. Note: You must log in as root to access /usr and repository packages of Audacity may overwrite this folder. An easier alternative may be to create ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins/ in your home folder (the "." in the path means it is a hidden folder).
Restart Audacity, then the plug-ins will appear underneath the divider in the "Effect", "Generate" or "Analyze" menus.
Each plug-in description has links to View and to Download the plug-in.
- Left-clicking the View link displays the plug-in code in your browser. You can right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" to download the NY file.
- Left-clicking the Download link will download the same NY file archived inside a ZIP file. The ZIP archive may also contain help files or other useful information. The contents of the ZIP file must be extracted before they can be used.
- If left-click does not download the ZIP correctly, right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" instead.
- Plug-ins denoted in these lists as "Type 3 plug-in" will not function correctly in Audacity 1.0, 1.1.x, 1.2.x or 1.3.0 to 1.3.3 inclusive.
- Some plug-ins may be denoted as requiring a specific minimum version of Audacity. The latest Audacity Beta version should support all listed plug-ins unless otherwise stated.
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
The following 17 Nyquist plug-ins are shipped with the current Audacity Beta: