Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plugins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plugins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plugin category.
If you are a plugin author, thanks for your contribution! Please register on the Audacity Forum then post your plugin for review at http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewforum.php?f=42. Please see Conventions for Nyquist Plugins before posting.
|Feedback and bug reports:
Nyquist plugins may be available as plain text files with the file extension .NY, or as a ZIP archive file. The NY file must be extracted from the ZIP archive before it can be used.
To install Nyquist plugins, place the NY file in the "Plug-Ins" folder inside the Audacity installation folder.
- On Windows computers, this is usually at C:\Program Files\Audacity or on 64-bit Windows this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity.
- On Mac OS X, it is usually under /Applications.
- On Linux this is usually /usr/share/audacity/ if you installed a repository package of Audacity or /usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity. Note: You must log in as root to access /usr. Repository packages of Audacity may overwrite this folder. An easier alternative may be to create ~/.audacity-files/plugins/ in your home folder (the "." in the path means it is a hidden folder).
Restart Audacity, then the plugins will appear underneath the divider in the "Effect", "Generate" or "Analyze" menus.
In the lists below, click a "Downloads" link to go to the page for Generate, Effect or Analyze plugins, or click the individual links to go directly to the description of that plugin. Each description has links to View and Download the plugin.
- Left-clicking the View link displays the plugin code in your browser. You can right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" to download the NY file.
- Left-clicking the Download link will download the same NY file archived inside a ZIP file. The ZIP archive may also contain help files or other useful information. The contents of the ZIP file must be extracted before they can be used.
- If left-click does not download the ZIP correctly, right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" instead.
These plugins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plugins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plugins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plugins shipped with current Audacity
The following 22 Nyquist plugins are shipped with the current Audacity version:
These plugins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer.