Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
If you are a plug-in author, thanks for your contribution! Please register on the Audacity Forum then post your plug-in for review at http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewforum.php?f=42. Please see Conventions for Nyquist Plug-ins before posting.
|Feedback and bug reports:
Nyquist plug-ins may be available as plain text files with the file extension .NY, or as a ZIP archive file. The NY file must be extracted from the ZIP archive before it can be used.
To install Nyquist plug-ins, place the NY file in the "Plug-Ins" folder inside the Audacity installation folder.
- On Windows computers, this is usually at C:\Program Files\Audacity or on 64-bit Windows this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity.
- On Mac OS X, it is usually under /Applications.
- On Linux this is usually /usr/share/audacity/ if you installed a repository package of Audacity or /usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity. Note: You must log in as root to access /usr. Repository packages of Audacity may overwrite this folder. An easier alternative may be to create ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins/ in your home folder (the "." in the path means it is a hidden folder).
- Gale 19May15: Plugins are seen either in .audacity-files/plug-ins/ or .audacity-files/plugins/ (Ubuntu 14.10).
- Peter 19May15: Gale, thanks for your help with this and the other P2 removal. Much appreciated.
Restart Audacity, then the plug-ins will appear underneath the divider in the "Effect", "Generate" or "Analyze" menus.
In the lists below, click a "Downloads" link to go to the page for Generate, Effect or Analyze plug-ins, or click the individual links to go directly to the description of that plug-in. Each description has links to View and Download the plug-in.
- Left-clicking the View link displays the plug-in code in your browser. You can right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" to download the NY file.
- Left-clicking the Download link will download the same NY file archived inside a ZIP file. The ZIP archive may also contain help files or other useful information. The contents of the ZIP file must be extracted before they can be used.
- If left-click does not download the ZIP correctly, right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" instead.
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
The following 22 Nyquist plug-ins are shipped with the current Audacity version:
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer.