Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
If you are a plug-in author, thanks for your contribution! Please register on the Audacity Forum then post your plug-in for review at http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewforum.php?f=42. Please see Conventions for Nyquist Plug-ins before posting.
|Feedback and bug reports:
Viewing and Downloading Plug-ins
- To view the plug-in code:
- Left click on the "View/Download" link. Nyquist plug-ins are plain text files with a ".NY" file extension. Most good web browsers are able to display the code as text.
- To download the plug-in:
- Right click on the download link and select "Save Link As.." (Firefox/Chrome), "Save As..." (Internet Explorer), "Download Linked File As..." (Safari). Other modern web browsers usually have a similar right-click option. For further information, please see the documentation for your web browser.
- Alternatively, view the file by clicking on the link, then use the "Save" command from your web browser's File menu.
To install a Nyquist plug-in, the ".NY" file must first be placed into the Audacity "Plug-ins" folder. In the current version of Audacity (2.1.1 or later), the plug-in can then be enabled using Effect Manager where plug-ins may be enabled or disabled.. This will open the
- On Linux, the "plug-ins" folder is in usr/share/audacity if you installed an Audacity package supplied by your distribution, or usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity from source code. Optionally a "plug-ins" folder can be created in the home directory thus: ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins (you can also call the folder "plugins").
For further details please see this page in the Manual.
In obsolete versions of Audacity, it is necessary to restart Audacity after placing the ".NY" file into the "Plug-ins" folder. Note that more recent Nyquist effects may not appear in old versions of Audacity or may not work correctly. The current version of Audacity is available via the Audacity website.
In the lists below, click a "Downloads" link to go to the page for Generate, Effect or Analyze plug-ins, or click the individual links to go directly to the description of that plug-in. Each description has links to View and Download the plug-in.
- Left-clicking the View link displays the plug-in code in your browser. You can right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" to download the NY file.
- Left-clicking the Download link will download the same NY file archived inside a ZIP file. The ZIP archive may also contain help files or other useful information. The contents of the ZIP file must be extracted before they can be used.
- If left-click does not download the ZIP correctly, right-click over the link and "Save Target As " or "Save Link As" instead.
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer
- Will McCown.