Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
If you are a plug-in author, thanks for your contribution! Please register on the Audacity Forum then post your plug-in for review at http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewforum.php?f=42. Please see Conventions for Nyquist Plug-ins before posting.
|Feedback and bug reports:
Viewing and Downloading Plug-ins
- To view the plug-in code:
- Left-click the "View/Download" link. Nyquist plug-ins are plain text files with a ".NY" file extension. Most good web browsers are able to display the code as text.
- To download the plug-in:
- Right-click the download link and select "Save Link As..." (Firefox/Chrome), "Save As..." (Internet Explorer), "Download Linked File As..." (Safari). Other modern web browsers usually have a similar right-click option, except for Microsoft Edge. For further information, please see the documentation for your web browser.
- Alternatively, view the file by left-clicking the link, then use the "Save" command from your web browser's File menu.
|Microsoft Edge does not currently support downloading these text files. From Edge, use the "More actions" buttontop right then "Open with Internet Explorer", or use some other browser.|
To install a Nyquist plug-in, place its ".NY" file in the Audacity "Plug-ins" folder. In Audacity 2.1.1 or later, use Effect Manager. Select the plug-in(s) you want to install, then click and .or to open the
- On Windows and OS X the "Plug-Ins" folder is in the directory where Audacity resides - usually C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) on Windows or the "/Applications" folder on OS X.
- On Linux, the "plug-ins" folder is in usr/share/audacity if you installed an Audacity package supplied by your distribution, or usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity from source code. Optionally a "plug-ins" folder can be created in your home directory thus: ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins (you can also call the folder "plugins").
For further details please see http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/effect_menu.html#nyquist_effects in the Manual.
In obsolete versions of Audacity there is no Effect Manager. Restart Audacity after placing the ".NY" file in the "Plug-ins" folder.
|More recent Nyquist effects may not appear in old versions of Audacity or may not work correctly. The current version of Audacity is available on the Audacity website.|
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer
- Will McCown.