Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
- Viewing and Downloading Plug-ins
- Installing Plug-ins
- List of available Plug-ins
- Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
- Plug-in authors
- Related articles
Downloading and viewing plug-ins
- Download the plug-in:
- Left-click the download link to download the file in almost all web browsers. If this only displays the plug-in code, right-click the download link and select "Save Link As...", Save As..." or some similar "Save" or "Download" command. For further information, please see the documentation for your web browser.
- View the plug-in code:
- Chrome: Download any plug-in once, then right-click over the download button at the bottom of the browser and choose "Always open this file type".
- Firefox: Open Options or Preferences, then click the "General" section at the top. In the "Downloads" section, choose "Always ask me where to save files". When you click the download link, you now have an extra option to open the file in a chosen application instead of save it.
- Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: Right-click the download link, choose any of the "Open" options then in the box that appears, click the "Open" button. In Edge, this also downloads the file.
- Safari: Downloaded plug-ins will automatically open in your default text editor after download. You can disable automatic open after download in Safari Preferences.
To install a Nyquist plug-in, place its ".NY" file in the Audacity "Plug-ins" folder. In Audacity 2.1.1 or later, use Effect Manager. Select the plug-in(s) you want to install, then click and .or to open the
- On Windows and OS X the "Plug-Ins" folder is in the directory where Audacity resides - usually C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) on Windows or the "/Applications" folder on OS X.
- On Linux, the "plug-ins" folder is in usr/share/audacity if you installed an Audacity package supplied by your distribution, or usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity from source code. Optionally a "plug-ins" folder can be created in your home directory thus: ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins (you can also call the folder "plugins").
For further details please see http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/effect_menu.html#nyquist_effects in the Manual.
In obsolete versions of Audacity there is no Effect Manager. Restart Audacity after placing the ".NY" file in the "Plug-ins" folder.
|More recent Nyquist effects may not appear in old versions of Audacity or may not work correctly. The current version of Audacity is available on the Audacity website.|
List of available Plug-ins
|Feedback and bug reports:
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer
- Will McCown.