Download Nyquist Plug-ins
|This page lists all Nyquist plug-ins for Audacity that are available as separate downloads. Nyquist plug-ins support Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. Click any "Downloads" link to jump to the downloads page for that plug-in category.
- Downloading or viewing plug-ins
- Installing plug-ins
- List of available plug-ins
- Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
- Plug-in authors
- Related articles
Downloading or viewing plug-ins
- Download the plug-in:
- Left-click the download link to download the file in almost all web browsers. If this only displays the plug-in code, right-click the download link and select "Save Link As...", Save As..." or some similar "Save" or "Download" command. For further information, please see the documentation for your web browser.
- View the plug-in code:
- Chrome: Download any plug-in once, then right-click over the download button at the bottom of the browser and choose "Always open this file type".
- Firefox: Open Options or Preferences, then click the "General" section at the top. In the "Downloads" section, choose "Always ask me where to save files". When you click the download link, you now have an extra option to open the file in a chosen application instead of save it.
- Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: Right-click the download link, choose any of the "Open" options then in the box that appears, click the "Open" button. In Edge, this also downloads the file.
- Safari: Downloaded plug-ins will automatically open in your default text editor after download. You can disable automatic open after download in Safari Preferences.
To install Nyquist plug-ins in Audacity 2.3.2 or later, please follow the instructions in the Audacity manual:
Older versions of Audacity
To install a Nyquist plug-in, place its ".NY" file in the Audacity "Plug-ins" folder. In Audacity 2.1.1 or later, use Effect Manager. Select the plug-in(s) you want to install, then click and .or to open the
- On Windows the "Plug-Ins" folder is in: Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\audacity\Plug-Ins
- On Mac place them in Audacity's "Plug-Ins" folder at ~/Library/Application Support/audacity/Plug-Ins.
- On Linux, the "plug-ins" folder is in usr/share/audacity if you installed an Audacity package supplied by your distribution, or usr/local/share/audacity if you compiled Audacity from source code. Alternatively, create a directory called .audacity-files in your home folder and then create a plug-ins or plugins folder inside that. Audacity can currently load Nyquist plug-ins from other locations, but it is recommended to use the Linux locations listed above. In particular, ~/.audacity-data/Plug-Ins is now deprecated as a location for Nyquist plug-ins, but at the moment can still be used for these.
For further details please see https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/effect_menu.html#nyquist_effects in the Manual.
These plug-ins were contributed over many years, and many versions of Audacity. In the vast majority of cases, old plug-ins should continue to work in more recent versions of Audacity. More recent Nyquist effects may not install in old versions of Audacity or may not work correctly.
|It is highly recommended to use the latest release version of Audacity, which is available via the Audacity website.|
List of available plug-ins
|Feedback and bug reports:
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Generate menu in Audacity.
- Tone Generators
- Noise Generators
- Special Effects
- Sequence Generators
- Generator Utilities
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Effect menu in Audacity.
- Amplify, Mix and Pan Effects
- Delay and Reverb
- Bouncing Ball Delay
- Bouncing Ball Delay with Panning
- Bouncing Ball Delay with Tone Shift
- Reverse Bouncing Ball Delay
- Reverse Bouncing Ball Delay with Tone Shift
- Chimes delay
- Delay BPM with Panning
- Delay with High-Pass Filter
- Delay with Low-Pass filter
- Delay with Pitch Change
- Delay with Stereo Flip
- Delay with Tone Shift
- Distortion Effects
- Dynamics Processing
- Band Stop Filter
- Chebyshev Type I Filter
- Classic EQ
- Comb Filter
- Customizable EQ
- Desk EQ
- High-Pass Filter with q
- High Pass Filter (LFO)
- Hum Remover
- Low-Pass Filter (LFO)
- Low-Pass Filter with Q
- Multiband EQ
- Notch Filter
- Parametric EQ
- Random Low-Pass Filter
- Resonant Filter
- Shelf Filter
- Ten Band EQ
- Modulation Effects
- Sequencer Effects
- Time, Pitch and Tempo
These plug-ins usually appear towards the bottom of the Analyze menu in Audacity.
Nyquist plug-ins shipped with current Audacity
These plug-ins have been contributed by:
- Steve Daulton
- Edgar Franke
- Steven Jones
- Paul Licameli
- David R.Sky
- Jvo Studer
- Will McCown.
- Introduction to Audacity Nyquist
- Nyquist Plug-ins Reference
- Ask questions in the Audacity Nyquist Forum
- Test-drive new Nyquist Plug-ins that are still under development
- Other pages in our Plug-ins category