How do you currently document Audacity?
- We have two wikis, this wiki for all kinds of information, and our wiki for the manual.
Can you say more about the manual?
- The manual is 90% a reference, organised in terms of features of the program.
- The manual contains some annotated/clickable screenshots and a sidebar to help navigation.
- We have scripts to collect the manual, we distribute a copy with Audacity, and help buttons in Audacity link to many of the pages.
Can you say more about this general wiki?
- It's a rag bag of miscellaneous information, and that's fine. That's what it is for.
- It does have some organisation in terms of potential users/visitors.
What previous experience has Audacity had in documentation or collaborating with technical writers?
What previous experience has Audacity had mentoring individuals?
What editorial principles do you have?