MP3 Editing Tools
From Audacity Wiki
Revision as of 10:10, 17 April 2018 by PeterSampson (copying material from the soon to be redundant MP3 page)
Other MP3 editing tools
MP3 files of the same bit rate, sample rate, number of channels and stereo encoding mode can typically be split, joined or volume-adjusted non-destructively with the below tools without the need for lossy re-encoding.
- MP3DirectCut for Windows (this can also be run on Linux under WINE)
- MP3 DirectCut can also direct edit raw AAC files (except for volume adjustment). M4A files must be extracted to raw AAC.
- Audion for Mac OS 8, OS 9 and OS X 10.0 to 10.5 (PPC only)
- Macsome for OS X (Intel Mac only). It can perform lossless split, trim, cut and volume adjustments on M4A files as well as MP3.
- mp3splt - Cross-Platform tool for splitting MP3, OGG and FLAC files. It can split files by silence detection or by time point (it can accept an Audacity Label Track.txt file as input). It does not perform volume adjustments. Direct Windows and Mac download links:
- mp3wrap - Cross-Platform command-line only tool for joining MP3 files.
For more advanced edits such as effects, the audio needs to be decompressed in an editor like Audacity, so you must then accept any perceptible quality loss from re-encoding the MP3.