- This page will probably remain in the planned "Legacy Wiki", as it contains legacy material - ToDo-D but most of it (maybe all) will need pruning in the planned "Current Wiki" as it seems to contain no 2.0.5 material.
Steve 12May14: I would suggest either we delete this page entirely from the current wiki, or, if we want to invite multi-lingual tutorials for Audacity 2.x, we replace each landing page with a note (in the appropriate language) to the effect of:
- There are currently no tutorials for Audacity 2.x in [language]. If you wish to contribute tutorials in your local language, please write to us (in English) with your proposal: feedback address.
Deletion is of course the easier option, and better than retaining fragments of obsolete information.
- Gale 13May14: I think probably Steve's idea is best, though I suggest only retaining this page which would be the call for translators. The call however should probably mention the Manual as first priority for translation, then second priority as translating Wiki pages that are linked to in the Manual.
If we have just one page, we would have all usable links on this page in their own div for the language. We must remember to include links to the four localised Forum boards and to the other Forums listed on the locale's page e.g. Orkut for Brazilian Portuguese. Recreated individual localised pages would want to be grouped somehow with a localised suffix, prefix or category. Translators tell me they prefer a prefix e.g. http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/es/MP3.
There are local language sections of the Audacity Forum for the following languages:
- Pedir ayuda en Foro de Audacity en español
- Forum Officiel Audacity
- Форум Audacity
- Audacity-Supportforum auf Deutsch
|Tutorials, information and external links|
to pages in other languages
Peter 3Apr14: The Arabic page is largely irrelevant. It has two links: one to an empty page and one to a contents page that links almost entirely to English pages.
Peter 3Apr14: The Indonesian page Links to two Audacity tutorials on YouTube in Indonesian. They were posted on YT on 23&29Sep07.
Peter 3Apr14: The Czech page has nothing of value - effectively just a work-in-progress note.
Peter 3Apr14: The Chinese page has translations - but appears limited to Legacy 1.2
Peter 3Apr14: The German page links to 2.0.4 as the latest manual - and has links for 1.2 and 1.3 legacy documentation.
Peter 3Apr14: The Greek page has translations - but appears limited to Legacy 1.2 and 1.3
Peter 3Apr14: The Spanish landing page looks good as it is a translated version of the Wiki contents - but all but two of the pages linked to are un-translated English pages.
Peter 3Apr14: The Finnish page only has a translated link to legacy 1.2 - but the link seems to hang.
Peter 3Apr14: The French page has translations - but appears limited to Legacy 1.2 - and a recent-ish Book by Christian Brochec.
Peter 3Apr14: The Italian page has a link to a download of an "unofficial" legacy 1.3 manual from 2010 - I removed one dead link and one spurious link.
Peter 3Apr14: The Dutch page has translations (a few links) - but is limited to Legacy 1.2.6
Peter 3Apr14: The Brazilian landing page looks promising with some translated links (not all) - but two of the pages linked to appear to be un-translated English pages.
Peter 3Apr14: The Russian page has a few links to Russian language material. I commented out some dead links.
Peter 3Apr14: The Swedish page has a single link to a PDF doenload limited to Legacy 1.2
Peter 3Apr14: The Vietnamese landing page looks promising with translated links, most links are to null pages - the few live links are translated - but the translation appears to have been abandoned un-finished in 2008-2009.