- This page will probably remain in the planned "Legacy Wiki", as it contains legacy material - ToDo-D but most of it (maybe all) will need pruning in the planned "Current Wiki" as it seems to contain no 2.0.5 material.
Steve 12May14: I would suggest either we delete this page entirely from the current wiki, or, if we want to invite multi-lingual tutorials for Audacity 2.x, we replace each landing page with a note (in the appropriate language) to the effect of:
- There are currently no tutorials for Audacity 2.x in [language]. If you wish to contribute tutorials in your local language, please write to us (in English) with your proposal: feedback address.
Deletion is of course the easier option, and better than retaining fragments of obsolete information.
- Gale 13May14: I think probably Steve's idea is best, though I suggest only retaining this page which would be the call for translators. The call however should probably mention the Manual as first priority for translation, then second priority as translating Wiki pages that are linked to in the Manual.
If we have just one page, we would have all usable links on this page in their own div for the language. We must remember to include links to the four localised Forum boards and to the other Forums listed on the locale's page e.g. Orkut for Brazilian Portuguese. Recreated individual localised pages would want to be grouped somehow with a localised suffix, prefix or category. Translators tell me they prefer a prefix e.g. http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/es/MP3.
There are local language sections of the Audacity Forum for the following languages:
- Pedir ayuda en Foro de Audacity en español
- Forum Officiel Audacity
- Форум Audacity
- Audacity-Supportforum auf Deutsch