New features in Audacity 2.2.1
You can optionally change the colorway of the waveforms displayed in your project. The setting is per track and not per project so you can have multiple colorways in the same project as in the image below.
When we made the menu changes for 2.2.0 we introduced an entry into the File menu called "Save Other" which led to a sub-menu for exporting various audio formats.
Many users were confused by this change and found it hard to find where they could export audio from. So for 2.2.1 we have changed that menu entry to be.
Release 2.2.1 is mainly a maintenance release as soon after the release of 2.2.0 we discovered some problematical bugs in Audacity:
- Bug #1767 - Opening a second project from Mac's Finder produces a second inaccessible instance of Audacity
- Bug #1770 - Crash applying certain chain files
- Bug #1783 - Preview fails when selection extends before zero
- Bug #1787 - Auto-scroll stopped working in 2.2.0
- Bug #1765 - Using to import audio gives wrong zoom level and no scroll bar slider
This page New features in Audacity 2.2.1 - appendix gives an overview of further new functionality that has been introduced in this release of Audacity.
> Audacity Release Notes 2.3.0 - detailed release notes for this release of Audacity