From Audacity Wiki
Code going into 2.1.1
This is a notes page to help us in preparing the announcement for 2.1.1. It might also help with highlighting areas needing more test focus.
- Much much faster with larger projects, thanks to a faster method for storing the autorecovery file.
- Scrubbing (link to the manual for details), including backwards play.
- Small speed ups on spectrogram enabling a new 'spectral refinement' feature that gives crisper spectrograms. This option is particularly suitable for voice work.
- RT preview feature extended to some built in effects.
- Upgraded to Nyquist 3.0.9 (benefits??)
- More VI usability enhancements (track focus)
- Crash report integration
These probably won't be reported on individually.
- Parameters that weren't configurable in chains now fixed.
- Meter refresh fixed
- 882: memory leaks and orphans
- 886: Some missing translations now fixed.
- 881: Swapped status messages.
- 897: Time ruler redrawn.
- memory leak in noise reduction
- 819: Paste mutates clipboard
- 830: Paste destroys envelopes in clipboard.
- 859: Play cursor.
- 828: Crash in contrast.
- 812: vertical scrollbar positions.
- Enh809: Spectral selection persists.
(Probably) Not reported on
- ESC can now abort vertical ruler zooming.
- Travis integration.
- Count-down diags and performance logging.
- Revision ID now in build-info-window.
- Moved to git (= more developers helping).
- Some progress on wx3 support (and 902: clearer announcement we don't support it yet!).