Difference between revisions of "Pending website changes"
(Correct right brackets.)
(wordwrap P2 problem)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
* No cc-by in footer.
* No cc-by in footer.
* No Google+ in footer.
* No Google+ in footer.
Revision as of 01:21, 18 November 2015
|Please move the items that have been processed to "Done" and note the date. They can then be deleted after a while.|
See also the Website Project for site development, graphic design discussion and big-improvement discussion (on talk page). This page is intended for fixes and corrections. This is for the (new in Nov 2015) Wordpress website at . The P1's etc are only a rough and ready indicator.
- Subscribe to announce button broken.
- All 'sponsor us' links lead to the donate page.
- No Translate button (yet)
- The FAQ only has the questions. Yikes! JKC will fix.
- 2.1.2 announce is out of date.
- 2.1.2 download win10 text needs rewrite.
- Wordpress doesn't like the download_spacer.png file used in the donwload page. Thinks it's not there.
- The logo on black does not look as good as on white.
- No cc-by in footer.
- No Google+ in footer.
- It seems there is blanket wrapping of text within words which looks terrible
- Another example further down that page is "wel-
- Perhaps a CSS issue?
- No ohloh button in footer. ohloh badge is bad for SEO as it is served very slowly indeed.
- Ads can come later, as a widget. Trying without for now.
Broken Internal Links (typically P1)
i.e. links to sites we control
Broken External Links (typically P2)
error Line: 155 http://www.pearson.fr/livre/?GCOI=27440100552400 error Line: 287 http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/resample/ error Line: 290 http://www.twolame.org/ error Line: 147 http://wxwidgets.org/i18n.php error Line: 215 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389 redirected to https://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389 error Line: 214 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17791 error Line: 293 http://www.u-lexnet.info/items/others/UL-TAPPfeature.html error Line: 272 http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMX49.aspx redirected to http://www.music-group.com/404 error Line: 273 http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMX61.aspx redirected to http://www.music-group.com/404 error Line: 271 http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMX25.aspx redirected to http://www.music-group.com/404 error Line: 183 http://www.twistedlincoln.com/shop/catalog/computers error Line: 234 http://www.terratec.net/en/products/DMX_6Fire_USB_2084.html
"See also: Why can't I play MIDI files?"
"How do I import a track from an audio CD?"
which is at
"It is legal to sell Audacity, as long as the seller makes the program and source code available under the GNU General Public License.
Some vendors try to trick customers by selling the software under a different name. If you bought a product and later found out it was Audacity, we encourage you to ask for a refund or file a complaint if you feel you did not get a fair deal. We ask vendors to give proper credit to the Audacity project, and allow users to make an informed choice."
"It is legal to sell Audacity, as long as the seller makes our program and source code available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is also legal to sell Audacity under another name, although we strongly discourage this.
Sellers may also offer modified copies of Audacity, as long as they make their modified program and its source code available under the same GPL, and call the program something other than Audacity.
If you have purchased Audacity not knowing that it is free, or purchased a program that you later found out to be Audacity, we encourage you to work with the seller to ask for a refund. You can examine the text of the product listing to see if any guarantee is offered. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the seller, you can usually raise a dispute with the payment service provider (for example, Paypal or your credit card company).
We also encourage you to inform the seller if you have concerns that the source code was not offered with the product or that a copy of the GPL was not included. If they don't respond adequately, you might want to approach their internet registrar, internet service provider or their advertising sources. Practically, there is little the Audacity Team can do to chase GPL violators with our current volunteer resources, except in the case of a seller stealing the Audacity trademark."
Other audacityteam pages
- We now have daily automatically updated doxy files pulled from GitHub repo.
Change needed: Should be completely updated then an automated system put in place to keep it updated.
- RA has suggested our License page:
|needs extending to make it clearer and to discuss examples of good and bad practice. GA suggests the page is already too long and would need summarising somehow with links to more detail.|
- Consider extending FAQs to include more real life how-tos, linked to articles in the Manual or Wiki
- Nyquist plug-ins page http://web.audacityteam.org/download/nyquistplugins - main contents moved to Download Nyquist Plug-ins. The main website still hosts the plug-in pages, zip files and MP3 clips. (Jan 2102)
- http://web.audacityteam.org/community/donate moved to its own tab at http://web.audacityteam.org/donate (Jan 2012).
cleared out older entries Nov 2015