Pending website changes
See also the Website Project for site development, graphic design discussion and big-improvement discussion (on talk page). This page is intended for fixes and corrections. This is for the (new in Nov 2015) Wordpress website at . The P1's etc are only a rough and ready indicator.
- No Download button on the home page that serves the correct download for the detected platform.
- Page anchors do not take into account the top navbar if present, so load the page somewhere below the intended target.
- No ability to subscribe to news of new releases. We used to give a clunky link to subscribe yourself on the -announce list, but now there is no link and no replacement ability to learn of new releases.
- The logo on black does not look as good as on white.
- No Copyright or Privacy links in footer. So our own copyright page http://audacityteam.org/copyright/ is hard to find. If we ever create a copyright FAQ with answers for [email protected] questions, we would link to that FAQ on the copyright page.
- Google+ in footer gets us to the right page, but still needs a header change. (no impact on user)
- No way for editors to see changes to all pages in one place, analogous to MediaWiki "Recent Changes".
- No ohloh button in footer. ohloh badge is bad for SEO as it is served very slowly indeed.
- Ads are being experimented with, as a widget.
Broken Internal Links (typically P1)
i.e. links to sites we control
Other audacityteam pages
- We now have daily automatically updated doxy files pulled from GitHub repo.
Change needed: Should be completely updated then an automated system put in place to keep it updated.
- "Sponsor us" / sponsorship links removed.
- RSS feeds fail W3C validation and show empty due to registered trademark in our site title.
- No working Donate button. Donate button is now embedded in Donate page but is not using the former key pair encryption.
- Link to announcements list subscription on audacityteam.org was broken after mailman upgrade "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.16".
- About/Credits lacked Robert Hänggi (author of Vocal Reduction and Isolation). Now added there and in "About Audacity" in the app.
- Blanket wrapping of text within words which looks terrible: Believed fixed along the lines of https://wordpress.org/support/topic/turn-off-auto-hyphenation-in-twentytwelve-theme
- The i18ln FAQ only has the questions. Yikes! Will fix by directing to old site. (Nov 2015)
- old.audacityteam.org used for past release announcements is a broken link (until Buanzo does the DNS dance). (Nov 2015)
- Instructions for installing plug-ins still say restart, rather than "use plug-in manager". (Nov 2015)
- All Pages in left sidebar is confusing (harder to find downloads). (Nov 2015)
- Audacity 2.1.1vi for Mac not mentioned (Nov 2015)
- No Translate button (yet) (Nov 2015)
- 2.1.2 announce is out of date. (Nov 2015)
- 2.1.2 download win10 text needs rewrite. (Nov 2015)
- Wordpress doesn't like the download_spacer.png file used in the donwload page. Thinks it's not there. (Nov 2015)
- No cc-by in footer. (Nov 2015)
- Nyquist plug-ins page https://web.audacityteam.org/download/nyquistplugins - main contents moved to Download Nyquist Plug-ins. The main website still hosts the plug-in pages, zip files and MP3 clips. (Jan 2102)
- https://web.audacityteam.org/community/donate moved to its own tab at https://web.audacityteam.org/donate (Jan 2012).
- Nov2020 - removed the Donate button(s)
cleared out older entries Nov 2015