From Audacity Wiki
|This page has been deprecated. Newer information can be found here: https://plugins.audacityteam.org|
|The information on this page are likely out-of-date and will not be updated in the forseeable future. It may be removed at any time.|
|This page is an overview of the audio plug-in formats supported by Audacity.
Types of plug-in
Audacity can use the following types of plug-in effects:
- LADSPA Plug-ins
- LV2 Plug-ins
- Nyquist Plug-ins
- Vamp Analysis Plug-ins
- VST effect plug-ins (only on Windows and Mac).
- Audio Unit Plug-ins (only on Mac)
How do you add plug-ins to Audacity?
See Installing Plug-ins in the Audacity Manual.
Free plug-in downloads
- Audio Units (only on Mac)
- Audacity cannot yet apply effects to audio while it is playing or recording.
- Real-time effects: Not all effects in Audacity can preview an effect while changing the parameters of the effect.
- VST instrument (VSTi) plug-ins that generate sound are not supported. VST 3 plug-ins are not yet supported.
Also please see Plug-ins that crash Audacity or fail to work properly in Audacity.