Ppa and Distro Issues
Redistribution of Audacity on Linux is sometimes buggy because the distributors have used libraries we don't support.
Audacity should be built:
- Using our patched wx3.1.3 widgets.
- Using the version of libraries that we provide in our source code.
wxWidgets 3.0.x has a bug with wxWeakRef.
- Audacity GitHub Issue 538: 'Fit To Height' Issue
- The bug in wxWidgets 3.0.x
- The fix to bug in wxWidgets
Three bugs in our Bugzilla database believed to be caused by the wxWeakRef bug:
|ID||P||Status||Summary (3 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|2228||P1||RESOLVED||Linux: Crash on quit (release build)||2228|
|2421||P1||RESOLVED||Linux: Crash on "Fit to Height"||2421|
|2230||P1||RESOLVED||Linux: Audacity crashes on selecting "Resample"||2230|
- The selection toolbar comes out treble height on some linux distributions, rather than the intended double height.
PPA for Ubuntu 20.04
- It is impossible to activate and install Effects Plugins. Both at startup and with an open project.
The Add / Remove dialog box does not save the enabled / disabled state of the plugins, it only shows the default plugins. When changing to activated and closing them they are unchecked again.
- Splash Screen is not shown