Ppa and Distro Issues
Redistribution of Audacity on Linux is sometimes buggy because the distributors have used libraries we don't support.
Audacity should be built:
- Using our patched wx3.1.3 widgets.
- Using the version of libraries that we provide in our source code.
wxWidgets 3.0.x has a serious bug with wxWeakRef.
- The bug in wxWidgets 3.0.x
- The fix to bug in wxWidgets
- Audacity GitHub Issue 538: 'Fit To Height' Issue
Three bugs in our Bugzilla database believed to be caused by the wxWeakRef bug. They are RESOLVED from our point of view, because we use wx3.1.3. They aren't RESOLVED for the distros which continue to link against an unpatched wxWidgets 3.0.x.
|ID||P||Status||Summary (3 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|2230||P1||RESOLVED||Linux: Audacity crashes on selecting "Resample"||2230|
|2228||P1||RESOLVED||Linux: Crash on quit (release build)||2228|
|2421||P1||RESOLVED||Linux: Crash on "Fit to Height"||2421|
- The selection toolbar comes out treble height on some linux distributions, rather than the intended double height.
PPA for Ubuntu 20.04
- It is impossible to activate and install Effects Plugins. Both at startup and with an open project.
The Add / Remove dialog box does not save the enabled / disabled state of the plugins, it only shows the default plugins. When changing to activated and closing them they are unchecked again.
- Splash Screen is not shown
- More than half of Nyquist's .LSP files are missing (18 files missing out of 30).