Difference between revisions of "Proposal: add a new Tracks menu command for rendering tracks"
From Audacity Wiki
(→Use Cases: trm)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 15:31, 12 January 2022
|Proposal pages help us get from feature requests into actual plans. This page is a proposal to add a new Tracks menu command for rendering tracks without miximg them.|
Proposal pages are used on an ongoing basis by the Audacity development team and are open to edits from visitors to the wiki. They are a good way to get community feedback on a proposal.
- Note: Proposals for Google Summer of Code projects are significantly different in structure, are submitted via Google's web app and may or may not have a corresponding proposal page.
As of now we only have thecommand (and its related associates). There is no command for just rendering a selected group of tracks.
This leads to a couple of problems:
- The user wishing to use just rendering has to do this one track at a time, select track then Mix&Render, repeat till done - tedious if you have a lot of tracks
- When Audacity Mixes&Renders a track like this it does not leave it in place in the project but unnecessarily puts the "mix" at the bottom of the project - see Bug #2214 "Rendering a single track unnecessarily moves the track to project bottom and loses its properties"
- This move of the mixed&rendered single track to the bottom can destroy its membership of a sync-locked track group.
Add a new command to the Tracks menu to work on selected tracks:
- Add a new command to the Tracks menu to work on selected tracks: .
- The command renders each track (Pan, Gain, Envelope) in turn leaving in its original position and retaining its properties:
- it remains selected,
- it retains its display view: Waveform, Waveform (dB), Spectrogram,
- it retains the user's chosen waveform colorway,
- it retains Format and Rate,
- But Gain and Pan sliders are reset as a result of the render.
- Mix and Render command to be changed so that it can only operate on multiple tracks, not single tracks.
- Mix and Render to New Track command to be changed so that it can only operate on multiple tracks, not single tracks.
This proposal would fix Bug #2214.
Previous Feature Requests relating to this proposal