Proposal Auto Detect Audio Device Changes
From Audacity Wiki
|Proposal pages help us get from feature requests into actual plans. This page is a proposal to detect changes in devices as they happen, e.g. plugging in or out a USB audio device.|
Proposal pages are used on an ongoing basis by the Audacity development team and are open to edits from visitors to the wiki. They are a good way to get community feedback on a proposal.
- Note: Proposals for Google Summer of Code projects are significantly different in structure, are submitted via Google's web app and may or may not have a corresponding proposal page.
When a new device is plugged in after Audacity has started, Audacity does not detect it.
- You have to explicitly request a rescan.
- This is not just a USB problem.
- Some headphone-or-microphone jacks detect plug-in or removal of a device.
This issue was in bugzilla as Bug 41
- Rescan devices when the relevant dialog is opened, if they have not been scanned in the last 5 seconds.
- none as yet