This list should only be modified by subscribers to Audacity-devel mailing list.
- To understand what this Checklist is for and how it is used, please join that list or read the list archives on sourceforge.
- Following a suggestion by Jeroen, this list has been put on the wiki and the 'Done' items separated from the items that are still to do.
These all for a release candidate start September, and actual release start of November.
This is a companion list to the Documentation Checklist
- Fix snapping on playback region. Region currently lost.
- Update mouse preferences panel to show new bindings.
- Alert for MP3 invalid bitrate/sample rate combinations.
- Fix halving of bitrate for mono MP3 tracks - bugzilla:182.
- Fix warning dlg if double click MP3 whilst importing MP3 on Mac.
- Fix recovery action if project rate not supported by card.
- Fix resizing meters on Mac jumps to over-under meters.
- Fix lose track selection, but no refresh, when click on track panel background.
- Fix cursor problem when clicking on resizer between tracks.
- Fix Button order in Click-pop Fx.
- Fix 'wedge metadata roll-up open - or get Dominic to fine tune'.
- Address Mihail's dither issue.
- Address Mihail's rtaudio issue (if we don't support it, then update the docs)
- Address Mihail's issue: PA19 uses oss; without load/compile oss support in alsa (snd-pcm-oss), audacity crashes on init PA19.
- Fix ruler font size.
- Fix ruler off-by-a-few pixels...vertical and horizontal rulers.
- Fix ruler overcrowding leads to uneven numbering.
- Fix avoid outrageous zoom when vertical sizing.
- Fix keyboard prefs on Mac...must click list entries twice...not double click.
- Fix label track - cutting or copying text within label doesn't get all selected text.
- Fix label track - clicking label in label track and then a label in a different label track...first label doesn't get unhighlighted.
- Fix label track - history not updated when modifying label...text or time.
- Fix label track - clicking label in label track does not set previously selected track to unselected...try it with 2 label tracks and 1 wave track.
For progress on help, see Online help outline. Assistance in getting the help together would be much appreciated.
- Update Help.
- details for this section may be moving to Documentation Checklist
- Incorporate experience from user groups / Audacity Forum into help.
- Update download manger info on web site.
- Update Translations
These are other changes to source code that are deemed 'essential'
- Crash recovery - keep record of blockfile changes and assemble project from that.
- Provide help-link on prefs panel.
- Provide 'Unrecognised Audio File Format' dialog with help-link button for more detail.
- Warn on close-tracks-and-exit, will lose those unsaved tracks.
- Warn when using tracks-by-reference rather than by-copy.
- Ensure ID3 tag dialog available for subsequent MP3 exports.
- Preferences option to solve the 'greying out' of effects confusion.
- For Mac OS X, build a universal binary, or at least an Intel-Mac version
- Batch: Stereo and all-export/import-formats supported
- Batch: Solve Markus' issue.
- Batch: *chain* configuration NOT in preferences.
- Batch: Pre-defined chains in a list rather than via buttons.
- Batch: Better naming of preference parameters.
- 'Hidden features' via registry/ini file.
- Hide/disable CleanSpeech (contact Lynn?)
- Hide/disable FTP (contact Wing Yu?)
- Hide/disable Theme Prefs (James already contacted)
- ??Hide/disable 'Advanced Mixing' [to be discussed....]??
- Batch: More example chains.
- Make selection bar floating. (using slightly less ambitious variant of trial version)
- All keyboard shortcuts changable.
- Restore split to new track, and smarter re-use of existing tracks with split and duplicate.
- Radio button for initial language choice.
- Split at labels to do so with end-to-end labels too.
- All Fx dialogs using ShuttleGui.
- Ruler to use same units as selected in selection bar.
- wxListCtrl-version of label track.
- Select input source on Mac
- Greater consistency of '...' in History list.
- Font height correction/adjustment in Label Track for Cyrillic chars.
- Play/rec sync in portaudio v19 for Windows
- Snap-to option that does nearest vertical crossing (left-to-right-rising), enabled by default.
- Discuss test harnesses. Possibly write some more test code.
- Springclean docs in root directory, e.g. buglist.txt - update or delete.
- Max zoom - Ruler/track highlighting out of sync.
- Max zoom - samples starting before left edge of track aren't plotted while samples extending past right edge are.
- Max zoom - possible error while plotting negative values.
- Mouse cursor doesn't change when it should if keyboard is used.
- Add preference setting for label track font and possibly fonts in general.
Aim to release at same time
- The new Nyquist plug ins.
- Separate zip of LADSPA plug ins.
Not aiming for for 1.4.0
- Portmixer to support multiple hosts (for DirectSound).
- DirectSound playback (lower latency)
- DirectSound Gui support.
- Two sample alternative themes. [Themeability prefs will be disabled in stable 1.4 release and release candidate, only available in unstable builds.]
- Labels to move with WaveTrack edits rather than be at fixed times.
- Dominic's pipe-based scripting. [Could lift this into the aim-to list. It depends on status of the code developed so far. We could perhaps use it in test harness, if it is already nearly there.]
- Modeless Fx dialogs. Realtime Fx. [Could not produce stable for 1.4.0 version in the timescale.]
- Vary selection boundaries during loop play, and have sound respond. [This is a small step in real time Fx]
- Audacity on USB (aka Portable Audacity) - mainly avoid using registry.
- Rework Fx dialogs to use spin boxes.
- Scroller for LADSPA effects dialogs.
- Reduce area/width of selection bar.
- Merging of change-pitch-speed Fx.
- Remove VST support
- Add FFTW library
- Move Fx copyright lower (accessibility) (leave for later if others ask about it)
Essential fixes - Done
- Fix hotkeys not working until you visit the menus. [Done]
- Fix temp-directory used for Theme on Mac AND linux AND PC. [Done]
- Fix metadata editor crash in debug builds. [Done]
- Fix bug in looped play. [Done]
- Fix Add label adds to first track, not selected track. [Done]
- Fix multi-clip crash. [Done]
- Fix freq-window crash. [Done]
- Fix crash on auto-detection of file format. [Done]
- Fix position playback cursor for transcription toolbar. [Done]
- Fix history-window regression. [Done]
- Fix button release and focus strangeness. [Done]
- Fix button problem when toggling fast. [Done]
- Fix MP3 export to export at project rate. [Done]
- Fix droplists in toolbars not accessible. [Done]
- Fix missing mnemonics. [Done]
- Fix extensions in uppercase not recognised. [Done]
- Fix _()/wxT() combinations leading to only partial i8ln. [Done]
- Fix some cases of ruler-clicking play [Done].
- Fix collision of multi-tool clip drag with (new) play-drag. [Done]
- Fix Flac-import broken on windows by using text mode for files. [Done]
- Fix Import MP3 to respect default sample format rather than always use float. [Done]
- Address Mihail's PA19 wo snd-pcm-os issue and ?????? dev name. [Done. Mihail confirmed]
- Find scenario to reproduce stray dotted vertical line. [Done]
- Fix dotted vertical line. [Done]
- Scrollbars on Linux "randomly" disappear when zooming, adding tracks, ... [Done]
- Fix need Ctrl+Shift_F twice to fit in window. [Done]
- Fix slider has no effect in BassBoost Fx. [Done]
- Fix tools not cycling properly using keyboard. [Done]
- Fix preferences project rate does not affect main project rate. [Done]
Aim to - Done
- TimeTextCtrl colours themable - and new defaults. [Done]
- Short version of Transcription Toolbar, with just the playback speed control. [Done]
- Fix Tone-gen combo box not accepting clicks (when using ShuttleGui). [Done]
- Generate effects to include 'chirp'. [Done].
- Finish HistoryWindow changes. [Done]
- Playback position dialogs ('[' and ']') to use TimeTextCtrl. [Done]
- TimeTextCtrl accepts mouse-wheel. [Done]
- Cyrilic in Label Track boxes. [Done]
- Re-enabling tooltips on the Mac. [Done]
- Add remaining wxColours to the Themability. [Done, to the extent planned for 1.4]
Aim to release at same time - Done
- Doxygen documentation in place. [Done]