Release Notes 2.0.6
From Audacity Wiki
Revision as of 08:06, 26 September 2014 by PeterSampson (ednote: The Manual states FFmpeg 2.2.2 is required for "latest Audacity" and that is the version on Buanzo's site.)
Changes in Audacity 2.0.6 since version 2.0.5:
* Interface: * Redesigned, searchable Keyboard Preferences with Tree, Name and Key views. * Edit Menu: "Cut" and "Delete" are now in the top level of the menu. * Transport Menu now includes "Play/Stop" and "Play/Stop and Set Cursor" (use Keyboard Preferences to create shortcuts for "Play" and "Stop"). * Tracks Menu now includes "Mix and Render to New Track". * Track Drop-Down Menu now has Move Track To Top and Move Track To Bottom. * New right-click menu choice "Delete Label" to remove single labels. * "Snap To" now offers choice of snap to the "closest" or "prior" position. Note: the previous "Snap To On" keyboard shortcut will no longer work. * "Snap To" settings are now independent for each project.
* Effects: * Truncate Silence: redesigned with simpler option "Truncate Detected Silence" to shorten to the specified length without compressing silence. * VST effects: New "Settings" dialog lets you specify buffer size (for faster processing) and enable buffer delay compensation (to prevent inserted silence). Compensation may cause a crash in a few plug-ins. * VST effects now support standard FXP presets. * LV2 effects are now supported on all platforms (textual interface only).
Peter 26Sep14: The Manual states FFmpeg 2.2.2 is required for "latest Audacity" and that is the version on Buanzo's site.
* Import or export using FFmpeg now requires FFmpeg 1.2 or later (or libav 0.8 or later). For recommended downloads of recent FFmpeg please visit: http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#ffdown . * New Tamil translation (largely complete). * (Windows) FLAC exports can now exceed 2 GB in size. * (OS X) Easier Audacity installation using the DMG: drag the Audacity folder to the /Applications shortcut, * (OS X) Audacity 2.0.6 will not officially support OS X 10.10 Yosemite when released (in particular, Apple Audio Units may not open in Audacity). * (Linux) Self-compiled builds of Audacity now search for system LADSPA effects in /usr/lib/ladspa.
Bug fixes for:
* Interface: * Region Restore did not restore the region after using Preferences. * Dragging selections with the keyboard or Selection Toolbar digits was very slow. * (Windows) Help > About Audacity crashed when run in Magyar language. * (OS X) Some full and reduced Menu Bar items were not translated. * (OS X and Linux) Fixed various interface crashes.
* Effects: * Reverb and Paulstretch were missing from Chains. * Analyze > Contrast could report very inaccurate rms levels. * Noise Removal: Attack and decay times were half as long as set. * (OS X and Linux) Nyquist effects ran much more slowly than on Windows.
* Click or drag on the Timeline after Loop Play continued to loop. * Transcription Toolbar did not play slower than 0.1x speed. * (Linux) Audacity did not build if python 2 was not available.