Release Notes 2.2.1
|Audacity 2.2.1 was released on XX Month 2017.
Changes since previous version
You can optionally change the colorway of the waveforms displayed in your project. The setting is per track and not per project so you can have multiple colorways in the same project as in the image below.
Four colorways are available with the color selection made from the dropdown menu in the track's Track Control Panel.
When we made the menu changes for 2.2.0 we introduced an entry into the File menu called "Save Other" which led to a sub-menu for exporting various audio formats.
Many users were confused by this change and found it hard to find where they could export audio from. So for 2.2.1 we have changed that menu entry to be.
We fixed a bug on Mac that caused Audacity to crash with certain Chain files. Plaus we fixed another Mac big whereby opening a second project from Mac's Finder produced a second inaccessible instance of Audacity
- Audacity 2.2.1 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003. To check what SSE levels your CPU supports, you can install CPU-Z. If your hardware only supports SSE, you may download Audacity 2.0.6 (ZIP, not installer) by clicking this link.
- 2.2.0 does not officially support Windows XP.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 2.2.1 is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 and later and macOS. There are legacy versions for older OS X at http://audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Audacity may compile on Gentoo, Debian, Mint.
- Audacity does not currently compile on SuSE Linux.
- Below are listed what we believe are the most common and important issues with 2.2.1 for most users.
- Click on the bug numbers to see work done on these bugs.
|ID||Summary (5 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|42||Timer Record occasionally carries on recording past the scheduled end, requiring force quit||42|
|1726||Linux: MIDI playback timing / synchronisation problems||1726|
|1767||Opening a second project from Mac's Finder produces a second inaccessible instance of Audacity||1767|
|276||Linux: PULSE-AUDIO issues. Freeze repeatedly starting/stopping streams||276|
|1765||Using File > Open to import audio gives wrong zoom level and no scroll bar slider||1765|