Release Notes 2.3.0/Issues
From Audacity Wiki
|This page provides a detailed list of issues for Audacity 2.3.0
Known Major Issues at Release
Swanky New Buglists
The control below (will) give a custom bug list. You can choose:
- Window, Mac or Linux bugs, OR all Open bugs, OR all bugs fixed in this release.
- Express interest in Accessibility, Translation, Enhancements, Workarounds, or just 'Other' interest. These bugs will be shown first.
- Express interest in low priority bugs. If so, these will be included in the first batch of bugs.
Accessibility Issues and Localization Issues are tracked separately.
- RepeatableAll bugs happen on all platforms, Mac, Linux and Windows.
- Repeatable bugs are ones that we know how to make happen, but don't happen on all platforms.
- MoonPhase and CometReturns bugs are bugs that are seen rarely, and we don't know how to make them happen (makes it harder for us to debug them).
- Enhancements are not actually bugs, but are places in Audacity where we have consensus about what Audacity should do that it does not currently do.
Bugs with Documented Workarounds
|ID||P||Severity||Summary (2 tasks) ⇒||cf_workaround||ID|
|276||P3||Repeatable||Linux: PULSE-AUDIO issues. Freeze repeatedly starting/stopping streams||Try launching Audacity from the terminal with the pulse latency set to 30 ms in an environment variable: ||276|
|2171||P3||RepeatableAll||Toolbars are not repainted on theme change until close and reopen Audacity.||Close and reopen Audacity.||2171|
Bugs with no Workarounds Documented
|ID||P||Severity||Summary (16 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|2734||P2||RepeatableAll||Apply macro may not create the macro-output folder in the source directory||2734|
|2201||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Audacity does not follow the XDG Base Directory Specification||2201|
|1314||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Audacity doesn't remember being extended across multiple displays||1314|
|1826||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Dropout detection fails to detect dropouts on Linux||1826|
|1834||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Help -> Quick Help dialog produces an empty second dialog||1834|
|2361||P3||Repeatable||Linux: High-dpi displays are not supported||2361|
|2675||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Malformed tool tips in Mixer Board||2675|
|1713||P3||Repeatable||Linux: MIDI: Note track playback requires additional set up||1713|
|2674||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Mixer Board sliders slow to respond when multiple tracks||2674|
|2678||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Source will not build if path contains a space character||2678|
|1071||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Ubuntu Unity: Crash accessing non-RTP effect in another project when a non-RTP effect is already previewing||1071|
|1209||P3||Repeatable||Linux: Vertical ruler shows no numbers at extreme zoom level with non-linear Track spectrogram frequency||1209|
|2385||P3||Repeatable||Linux: wxgtk3: Background fails to update with i3 Window manager||2385|
|335||P3||Repeatable||Linux: wxWidgets locale translations not being used||335|
|306||P3||Repeatable||Linux: xrun glitches when recording with software playthrough, caused by too demanding PortAudio latencies||306|
|2355||P3||Repeatable||Mac: Moving focus within the toolbar with tabbing gets stuck at playback meter.||2355|
This table has notes with some further user help and explanations of impact of these bugs.
|2355||Go to System Settings and open Keyboard/Shortcuts setting and set the Keyboard Access to "all controls". Control+F7 will toggle this setting as well.|
|1071||GROUP: Effects and Analysis
|1826||GROUP: Playback and Recording
|276||GROUP:Miscellaneous platform-specific issues
|306||GROUP:Playback and Recording
|2361||Linux: High-dpi display is not supported. Workaround: Set Desktop font scaling small enough to make Audacity usable|
|2678||When building from source, ensure that the source tree path does not contain any space characters.|