Release Notes 3.0.3
|Audacity 3.0.2 was released on 19th Apr 2021.
Changes and improvements since previous version
Audacity 3.0.3 replaces all previous versions.
- Windows version is now 64 bit
- Improved default spectrogram colours
- We now provide an official binary for Linux in the form of an AppImage
- Bugs fixing
Full details of new features in the visual guide to New Features in 3.0.3
- Audacity 3.0.2 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.0.3 does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
- Audacity 3.0.3 is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- There are legacy versions for older OS X at http://audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Audacity may compile on Gentoo, Debian, Mint.
- Audacity does not currently compile on SuSE Linux.
We probably track more bugs than you are interested in...
We used to have a separate page with a dynamic buglist for each version, but nowadays we recommend instead to visit our bugzilla instance for current bug status.
We do use this detail in our own QA work.
Below are listed what we believe are the most common and important issues with 3.0.3 for most users.
macOS Big Sur
- Less of Audacity is properly accessible to visually impaired users than we would like. Currently the best supported platform for accessibility is Windows. We lost a lot of custom accessibility programming when we had to move to a more recent version of the wxWidgets library.
- Audacity is only partially translated in many languages. We also have some issues, for example, with Right-To-Left Languages.
Selected Bugzilla-Tracked Bugs
|ID||P||Status||Summary (3 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|2700||P2||RESOLVED||"Failed to open the project database"||2700|
|2361||P3||NEW||Linux: High-dpi displays are not supported||2361|
|2732||P3||RESOLVED||Faux recovery offered on launch (very moonphase)||2732|
- Click on the bug numbers to see work done on these bugs.