Release Notes 3.1.1
From Audacity Wiki
|Audacity 3.1.1 was released on xx. xxx 2021.
Changes and improvements since previous version
Audacity 3.1.1 replaces all previous versions.
This is a hotfix release. It fixes the following bugs:
- Fixed FFMPEG imports only importing the left channel #2046
- Improved Audacity's performance when many clips are present
- Fixed a crash with detach at silences #2072
- Fixed clip name corruption when applying effects to adjacent clips #1889
- Fixed a crash with the time shift commands #2061
Other than that, this release is identical to Version 3.1.0.
Audacity is for Windows, Mac and Linux desktop machines. There is no version of Audacity for Android or iPhone.
- Audacity 3.1.x requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.1.x does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 3.1.x is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- There are legacy versions for older OS X at http://audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.