Release Notes 3.1.3
From Audacity Wiki
|Audacity 3.1.3 was released on xx. xxx 2021.
Changes and improvements since previous version
Audacity 3.1.3 is a patch release for Audacity 3.1.
It improves project performance significantly (up to 50x) compared to 3.1.0, and fixes the following bugs:
- (none yet)
Audacity is for Windows, Mac and Linux desktop machines. There is no version of Audacity for Android or iPhone.
- Audacity 3.1.x requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- 3.1.x does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
macOS / Mac OS X
- Audacity 3.1.x is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- There are legacy versions for older OS X at http://audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/.
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Other Linux distributions should work, but aren't tested by the Audacity team.