While admins will patrol the site for spam and delete/restore spammed pages as soon as possible, they can not be on guard constantly. If You are a registered user You may help in this process, as it is important to remove spam as soon as possible.
Previously existing page
To restore spammed pages please do the following:
- Select "history" tab.
- Click on the time & date-links from the top downwards until a healthy page is found.
- Preferably enter a summary text like Removing spam, restoring latest healthy version in the "Summary" field.
- Select the Edit tab on this last healthy page; and scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Page".
Page created with spam
If the page did not previously exist but has been created by the spammer, it will of course have no history to restore (then there is only one entry in the history list, the creation entry). In that case do the following:
- Select "edit" tab.
- Select all text in the edit window and delete it.
- Preferably enter a summary text like Removing spam in the "Summary" field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Page".
The admins will then finally delete such pages.