From Audacity Wiki
- We STRONGLY suggest users use a different password for each different website you use. No matter how you feel personally about the value your account might provide an attacker, please make all your passwords different.
- Use a second authentication factor when possible, preferably not using SMS text messaging, as it was recently deemed unsafe (as those in the telecommunications community already knew).
- Keep calm. This is really important. This is the time when you can easily be panicked into making a mistake that makes the problem far worse. Hackers may have set things up in such a way that such a mistake is likely.
- Be paranoid, but kind. Enquiries about the incident may be from hackers looking to get clearer information on what you do and don't know about the incident. E-mails may be spoofed and not from whom you think they are from.
- Don't use audacityteam.org emails for communicating sensitive information.