Difference between revisions of "Talk:Enabling Note Track playback on Mac"
(trimmed out the non-IAC driver stuff)
m (PeterSampson moved page Talk:Enabling MIDI playback on Mac to Talk:Enabling Note Track playback on Mac without leaving a redirect: generalizing: MIDI and Allegro)
Latest revision as of 13:49, 1 August 2017
Virtual MIDI port
A virtual MIDI port is a piece of software that runs in the background to send/receive MIDI messages from other programs or hardware devices.
The IAC (Inter-Application Communication) Driver in macOS allows you to create virtual MIDI cables between applications in this case Audacity and the software synthesizer.
You are likely to have to install and configure the IAC Driver on your Mac: 1) quit Audacity
2) Open Audio MIDI setup using
3) You should see the drivers setup window
4) Double-click on the IAC Driver icon and you should see:
5) To use the IAC Driver, first you must turn it on. Click on the "Device is online" checkbox
- And then click the button.