Talk:GSoC Mentor App - 2008
From Audacity Wiki
Progress in 2007:
- Added VAMP analysis plug-ins (also used in Sonic Visualiser).
- Migration to new libraries, both for GUI (wxWidgets) and sound (portaudio).
- Prototype of Perl scripting added. Uses named-pipes under windows, so other script languages besides Perl can be used with no change to the code in Audacity.
- Start of Gui extension modules added. This will make Audacity a more modular extensible system, whilst still retaining the benefits of an integrated editor.
- New theme (a more modern look) available in development builds. This uses the recently added theme engine.