- 22nd Nov 2019 - 2.3.3 released
- 2nd Feb 2020 - RM for 2.4.0 announced (James)
- 28th Feb 2020 - RM notes 5 P1's and 41 P2's
At this stage (28th Feb) we have way too many P1s and P2s to stick to our original schedule. The main concern is additional P1 bugs that we have not bumped into yet in testing. Accordingly taking a one month slip relative to original schedule.
- 22 March 2020 - RM notes 22 P2s, plus a Covid-19 bug (actually a virus) out in the wild. Too many bugs to meet the revised 1st April String freeze target, but as so much is unclear, not pencilling in a slip yet. It seems we are also finding new serious bugs fast, e.g. a recent P1, Bug 2367, reported by Steve, so it is dangerous to progress to freeze.
- 29 March 2020 - RM notes 21 P2s, and P1 Bug 2367 is DEVL-FIX-MADE but not closed. It has not yet been tested on Linux. Based on trade offs we have to make, now slipping by 1 week, with a string freeze of 8th April.
- Wiki > Wording agreed changes to be implemented
- 8th Apr - String freeze. Audacity.pot updated and sent to translators.
- 17th Apr - Translation closed.
- P1 bugs and certain P2 bugs might further delay releases. See live counts below.
As of 20th April, a ton of bugs fixed; Manual in good state; Build instructions and such needing some work - and testing of very recent fixes.
- 22nd Apr - RC01
- 25th Apr - RC02
- 26th Apr new P1 bug fixed Bug #2399
- 27th Apr - RC03
As of 27th April a show-stopper issue was found with the CMake windows build. It crashes on recording or playing. The non-CMake build is fine, so we are proceeding with that, whilst we investigate what the differences are between the two builds.
For RC04 we were able to use the CMake build again for PC, having figured out David's issue was the AVX instruction not being supported. Also on Mac, the dock-insertion cursor regained its transparent background. Rolling RC04 also was combined with an update to the scripting section of the manual. As of 2nd May, a new P1 (Mac only) bug, bug 2411 has been found, a crash involving toolbars. Pushing dates by 2 days to accommodate it.
- 4th May - RC05
- 6th May - RC05 on FossHub-devel and announced on forum (available for wider testing).
2 P1 bugs discovered in RC05 - a display issue on Mac and no FFmpeg on Linux
A bug has been discovered with enabling mod-script-pipe - this is a non-blocking P2
A bug has been discovered with progress dialog - this is a non-blocking P2
Investigation, building, fixing testing (two Rcs).
- 15th May 2019 - RM for 2.3.3 announced (James)
- 15th Jul - Big refactoring changes are in
- As of 21st July 2019 there are 13 P1 bugs that have no fix applied (5 that do), so we do not have 'refactoring changes are working' (yet).
- 8th Aug - Big refactoring changes are working.
- 29th Aug - Deal with enough P1 and P2 bugs to enter string freeze.
- 7th Sep - String freeze. Audacity.pot updated and sent to translators.
- 3rd Oct - Translation closed.
- 26th Oct - RC01
- 9th Nov - RC02
- P1 Bug 2236 - Vocal Reduction & Isolation: "Remove Center Classic: Mono" and "Analyze" don't work
- 15th Nov - RC03
- 22nd Nov - Audacity 2.3.3 Released!