Talk:Proposal Focus And Multiselect
I think that the most important mode isn't listed here. I use it all the time and very seldom need multiple selections:
"The track with focus is always and exclusively selected."
- you can remove the prefix "Selected", it's always on unless you
toggle the track to "not Selected". (Apart from that, you know that single-selection is turned on if you hear the pure track name)
- On opening a project, you don't have to check which tracks are selected.
- The message "No Audio Selected" is rarer, actually only in the case
when no time range is selected.
- You can still select multiple tracks with Shift+Up/Down (if it is
properly implemented as suggested by David).
- You could temporarily switch on non-contiguous selection. Reaper
uses Shift+Space and you would keep holding down the shift key for going through clips (Control+Left/Right), tracks (Up/Down) etc. while toggling them on/off by pressing space again. The space might be replaced with Enter.