Talk:Writing GSoC Proposals
- Our problem is - none of us have seen the google app - so we don't know what the student will be presented with! We don't know how much duplication there will be! Is it possible to get a peek at it somehow so we know what the student will be presented with? James 16:20, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
- Gale: So from the it seems there is not much duplication, only name/college/course? The guide says "if the organization has provided us with an application template, it should propagate into the "Detailed Description" section (in the web app) once you've selected the organization". So we need to provide the template to Google?
- Please check with Vaughan. It probably went in with the we-want-to-be-a-mentor-org docs. Might be a very slightly older version, but I think that is good enough. If someone could take a look (as a student) at google student web app, with us selected as organization, that could help, or you could even ask one student to e-mail you a screenshot.... James 04:08, 25 March 2008 (PDT)
- Gale: I'll email a link to this talk page to Vaughan. I can't contact students directly. My only involvement in GSoC is to try and keep the Wiki pages about it in order.
It is our additional requirement. If we send an e-mail to [email protected] and we don't hear back from you, we want to reduce the risk of it being down to a dodgy ISP. If you're blaming google and gmail for a failure to communicate, google have the option of looking into it if we ask. It's presumably one of the reasons that google requires it of mentors. - James
- Gale: I'll ask Vaughan as what you're saying now seems a little at variance with what he has said on devel list. We may want to reinstate the gmail references on Writing GSoC Proposals.