From Audacity Wiki
|This page is a collection of Tutorials both on an off the Wiki, giving step-by-step guidance on performing common tasks using Audacity. The Tutorials include ringtones, removing vocals, podcasting and various others concerned with preparing your work for export to audio files or CDs.
Our list of Tips to enhance your day-to-day experience of Audacity
|Multilingual information/ Multilingue/ Mehrsprachig|
|Tutorials and other resources in foreign languages|
Audacity Wiki Tutorials:
- Making Ringtones
- Vocal Removal There is no magic bullet to solve what is in theory an insoluble problem. In practice there are various ways to try and trick your ears into thinking you have succeeded.
- Creating a simple voice and music Podcast with Audacity
- Mixing stereo tracks to mono in your Project
- Transferring tapes and records to computer or CD
- Splitting recordings into separate tracks for export as individual files thence burning to a multi-track CD.
- How to burn CDs by exporting the correct type of audio file then using burning software
- Exporting your Audacity Project into iTunes and iPod
- Audio Restoration
- Sanitising Speech Recordings Taken with portable audio player-recorders
- Click Removal for removing discrete clicks from vinyl records
- Noise Removal for removing steady noise like hum and hiss from all types of audio
Off-site Tutorials on the web:
- Audacity 1.2 Tutorials from the official Audacity user's manual.
- Using Audacity 1.3.3 with the JAWS screen reader for Windows - includes useful tips for the visually impaired (and others) who want to use Audacity without a mouse.
- How to Record and Edit Audio with Audacity from guidesandtutorials.com. Includes information on microphones and configuring Audacity on Windows.
- Create your own podcast - a fine general tutorial on all stages from recording and editing to publishing on the web, again from guidesandtutorials.com
- Noise Removal in Audacity 1.2.x: Illustrated tutorial and Flash Video (13 minutes)
- Introduction to Audacity mainly for Guitarists
- A detailed illustrated tutorial for Mac users on transferring cassettes to CD using Audacity
- YouTube has a good selection of Audacity video tutorials including how to remove center-panned vocals , create binuaral beats and adjust for recording latency in Audacity Beta .
- Audacity 1.2 Tutorial by Dan Eliot - learn how to open and edit a WAV file, and save the result as an MP3.
- How to mix a multi-track project by Daniel James, including sample sound files.
- "Master your MP3s with Audacity" - CNET article about editing MP3 files for use in Web publishing, ringtones, and podcasts.