|The 'What is That?' audacity web page is an interactive help page. It ALSO can be used to generate images and templates for the manual.
Data is in the orange boxes in top left of diagram
To update data, enter it in this wiki, using these pages:
- WIT Audacity Menus - You have a choice between editing the menus directly in wiki, or going to Audacity and using GetInfo to get the current menu information.
- WIT Audacity Tooltips - The short descriptions are used as tooltips. The long descriptions are used as descriptions in the auto generated tables. If a long description starts with '+' that's a shorthand for saying it starts with the short description.
- WIT Audacity Extra Shortcuts - These are the optional extra shortcuts.
From Data to Manual
How image maps, images and tables in the alphamanual are updated.
WIT 'Boss Mode'
WIT produces the contents of the green boxes in the diagram.
To get into boss mode on WIT,
- Go to WIT using Chrome browser, and hold down shift and press the button at top right.
- Tick 'Enable annotation-capture mode'
Now click about on the menus in the image of Audacity to get to the menu you want, and then clickto download it. If you want all menu images at once, click .
Other buttons generate the tables and templates. The downloaded results will all appear in your Chrome download folder.
Automation in Audacity
Audacity can produce some of the other things (blue)
- The Screenshot Tool produces all the Preference Images and EGA images.
- The menu item Extra->Scriptables II->GetInfo with 'Commands' selected generates the (orange) WIT menu page directly from data about menus held within Audacity.
- Audacity scripts in Python can produce many track Images. You can see them here
Wiki bot can ease upload of many files
- Wiki bot is the 'have a cup of coffee' python script that uploads images to the manual.