Bugzilla has good color scheme, in particular using a light color for the main readable area. The scheme to bring the websites together is:
- Use bugzilla colours, with the dark blue adapted to 'facebook blue'. There are three colors, dark-blue header, dark gray frame, light gray panel.
- Use wiki colours unchanged.
- On Forum, lose the two-tone light blue - replace with dark-header, dark gray frame and light gray panel from modified bugzilla.
- Wordpress site follows suit.
- Twitter, Facebook, Google+, GitHub - we can't control the colors.
- Manual - alphamanual.audacityteam.org is the in-preparation manual (wiki). Manual.audacityteam.org is the current manual (static text).
The front page of the manual has an image map of the Audacity user interface that links off to reference sections on each of the features. The manual is structured as a comprehensive reference to the features in audacity, rather than as a topic based how to about working with audio.
- Wiki - General purpose wiki. More a community notebook than an encyclopedia.
Tips and tricks for users. Also working documents for release process and a small amount of help information for developers.
- Bugzillla - Bug Tracking
The Audacity icon has a neat 'easter egg' in that clicking on it gives you a table of bug counts by priority and type. Note that we can also get selective lists of bugs with live status in wiki. For example:
|ID||P||Status||Summary (2 tasks) ⇒||ID|
|437||P2||RESOLVED||Write fails without error message box on disk full||437|
|1198||P3||RESOLVED||Mac system "minimize" shortcuts ignored.||1198|
- FaceBook - Announcements and sizzle.
As of 25th of March the faceBook page had 1,200 likes, which is tiny for the popularity Audacity enjoys.
- Google+ - Snippets of audio news, not just about Audacity. There is also a community with for example user contributed how-to videos.
Google stopped providing 'insight' analytics - perhaps because we are not a business, so it is no longer much of a tool for gathering a community and interest.
- Twitter - Tiny status updates.
Main Wordpress Site
- Wordpress Site - Most of the traffic goes via the download page and onwards to FossHub.
We have around 1,000,000 downloads per month. The main site has space for blogs, but they are not being used yet.
- Forum - General place for help.
Some of the topic threads get very long indeed.
- Doxygen - Automatically generated program listing
- GitHub - Source code and pull requests